BD CHAPS Championships

Shoei

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at aiming for these champs this year.

Has anyone been to these or the Nettex championships? I wondered what the vibe was like? It would be our first affiliated champs.

Thanks

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Haven't been to the Chaps one but I have been to the Natives champs for the last 3 years, last 2 years were held at Vale View which is where the Chaps one is this year.

I have found it to be a really enjoyable show every year (first year it ran was a bit wild but they underestimated the demand, they are well established now). Friendly and welcoming and generous prizes! It's a highlight of each season for me and I'm looking forward to the new format where several of the champs are taking place at the same time :)

D66

Visit site
I went to the CHAPS championship show a few years back at Keysoe (2008 or 9, I think, so possibly v different now:rolleyes:). It was a bit disappointing because only the ones who knew they were going to win bothered to enter so the classes were small. We didn't expect to win, were really there for the grading and the experience.
On the upside it meant we came home with a frilly.

Shoei

Visit site
Haven't been to the Chaps one but I have been to the Natives champs for the last 3 years, last 2 years were held at Vale View which is where the Chaps one is this year.

I have found it to be a really enjoyable show every year (first year it ran was a bit wild but they underestimated the demand, they are well established now). Friendly and welcoming and generous prizes! It's a highlight of each season for me and I'm looking forward to the new format where several of the champs are taking place at the same time :)

That's good to know thanks. Vale View isn't too far for me which is why I was looking. I just want to go for the experience really but also don't want to make a total idiot of myself lol.

At least we can test the venue before hand and have all summer to aim.

To be fair if BD had done the snr camp at VV this year I would have probably gone.