BD Combined Training

wallyevent

Visit site
Have just entered my first affiliated combined training competition for next week. Yikes! Wondering if it really was a good idea to go straight in to the novice, but hey ho!
I can't seem to find any rules on the BD website re the permitted tack and equipment for the jumping phase, can any one help? Do they apply BSJA rules?
Wally normally jumps in a waterford snaffle and combination noseband, will this be ok, or should I use a cavesson or flash? I assume you can use tendon/fetlock boots? I usually use my Impuls spurs for BE, can I wear those for the jumping or do they have to be all metal like for the dressage?
Thanks in advance!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi

Did my first ever one this week in the open, the jumping is under BSJA rules so you should be fine with your tack. Not sure about the spurs but you can use them BE so I would say yes to BSJA rules?
Hope you enjoy it, Saf did as she actually got off the ground after the dressage
grin.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
The comb. training at BE [spillers] are our favourite. Are you doing Beaver Hall? Yes you can use the impulse spurs . Not sure about bits but think it is BSJA rules.
We are trying to qualify at prelim first but may do a novice at a later one , if we qualify.

wallyevent

Visit site
No its Allens Hill I am going to. Thought it would give me something to do seeing as my event season doesn't seem to be getting off the ground with cancellations and balloting! Not out BE til Cheltenham now (fingers crossed) so I have a few weekends to fill somehow!