BD Forces Equine Championships

mrsh2010

Visit site
So, this weekend we pottered off to Moreton Morrell for the Blue Lights Championships.

Saturday saw us take part in the 80cm Showjumping with my own Riding Club as a team, which I'm pleased to say we got a team 2nd! I went clear in my first round, then held him too much in the jump off for two unfortunate poles.

Sunday we then returned for the Dressage, this time it was the BD Championships, we'd entered Novice and Elementary, as that's the levels we'd qualified at. I was horrified when I saw we were first to go in BOTH classes!! something I always dread!

Well I didn't need to worry, a friend / new trainer helped with my warm up, then into the test, Novice 34, was always going to be interesting back in a 20 by 40 arena, but the boy was on fire, I knew I could have ridden a few bits better, but nearly hit the floor when I saw my score, 77.38%, only one 7 on the whole test sheet, and that's the only movement the judge gave us a comment against "not quite straight" (wobbled the end of the 1st centre line).

I'm delighted to say that we took that title, we won by just under 7%!!

Here's the video https://youtu.be/KPwqx8k154I

Then we went back into the Elementary, only our third Elementary, and by far the hardest one we'd done Elementary 50, difficult test, but a respectable 63% and 1st place in the Bronze section.

So all in all a blooming good weekend, I'm back at work for a rest today!!

Thanks for reading!

Pictures later - promise