BD Instructor - Debbie Jones

_jetset_

Visit site
Has anyone heard of her or had a lessons from her? She is based in Cheshire...

I am thinking of having some lessons at her place while Hannah cannot be schooled to improve my dressage riding and continue learning so I can be ready to affiliate Han as soon as she is fit again.

Rebecca

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Sorry I don't know her but if you're based in Lancashire then I'd highly recommend Silvia Schorn, based at Arkenfield EC near Preston. Arkenfield have some decent school horses and Silvia is a fab teacher.

_jetset_

Visit site
The thing is I want to be working at medium plus BD level because I have already competed elementary so am looking for a schoolmaster who can teach me the correct aids for more advanced moves and when I emailed someone about arkenfield they only have a medium horse. But thanks for your advice...

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Sounds really good! I think I'd like to do that! (although I haven't got a cat-in-hell's chance of doing it as time is limited! LOL!) Think I'll plug on with H instead!
blush.gif

Let us know how you get on won't you!
smile.gif
We need pics!
smile.gif

Kate x

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Kate... I just thought that I might as well continue working on me so that when it comes to reschooling Han (and even when I get around to schooling foalie) I will have more skills and will be at a higher level.

You never know, I might still have lessons there even when Han is back in work if it doing me good. To be honest, I can't believe there are not more BD instructors who do this, because I think it does everyone some good riding a more advanced horse!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
You're quite right Becki, it does everyone the world of good to sit on a schoolmaster now and again but I think why people don't do it more is because as soon as you take money for teaching on one of your own horses, you need a 'riding school' license and your rates/ insurance would rise alarmingly.

It is often only the bigger yards, such as Talland, that can swallow the extra costs. Or maybe they are doing it on the quiet but then you wouldn't be covered by insurance if an accident occured.

_jetset_

Visit site
Oh right... I didn't realise!

I am sure this is all above board as she advertises the fact she has schoolmasters to teach on at BD website (fingers crossed)

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Yes, I'm sure she's all above board being a BD Trainer, but I'm sure a lot aren't.

I'm sorry I can't give you any info re. Debbie as she's out of my area but her listing on the database sounds good.

Let us know how you get on.

Shrimp

Visit site
Ive had a couple of group lessons off Debbie via PC and I thought she good even though the group I was in had 7 of us for a one hour session so we did not get much one to one but that wasnt her fault. She was supposed to be teaching me again next week at camp but now ive fractured my arm i cant do anything!
I'd go for it and I really do think you would get something out of it.