BD Inter Region Dressage report

Quarrybank

Visit site
Before I tell you how Q went
crazy.gif

I would just like to say what a fab event. Apart from the weather - V windy Sat and wind & rain Sunday
shocked.gif
It was a great weekend. Lots of very friendly people & great fun
smile.gif

Q however was another matter
crazy.gif
He was horrid. He warmed up fantasticly well & I was hopeful he would work with me like he did last weekend at Wix. How wrong could I be
blush.gif
First was the warm up test. He bucked on the way to the arena
shocked.gif
Once in he came down the centre line, halted & the proceeded to move off in canter..... it was almost C before I could convince him to trot. He then argued his way through the whole test including cantering in his medium trots (after getting an 8 last week) It was only the warm up test but I was so angry with him.
Decided to put it behind us (as it was the warm up) & hope that as he'd been in the arena once already, the team test would go ok.
It was better, but he still didn't co-operate. There were a few good bits but no where near what he's capable of. I was very upset as it's a team competition & I felt I'd let everyone down. We were the discard score. The only bright note was that we weren't last
blush.gif
I think we were 40th out of 52, so not good!
Today we woke to heavy rain as well as wind. However he did a much better test, but still not great. We weren't the discard this time, so I at least felt we'd contributed to our final score.
Overall although I've had a great weekend I'm really upset & disapointed with Q. Not sure where we go from here
confused.gif

I also saw Finn Mcoul (well done you
smile.gif
) & Ovidios - I saw your test but didn't get to say hello.
I would love to go again, but not sure we'll get invited
grin.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Well you were there and enjoyed yourself , which is what its about , next time maybe you will achieve more but thats the way it goes .
Well done for still thinking it a great weekend.

Quarrybank

Visit site
The wind (& the flying flower pots) certainly caused a few extra airs above the ground & unscheduled spins.
grin.gif

Re the home Int - I was hoping to, but I'm not sure after his performance this weekend whether we'd stand much of a chance
grin.gif

Merlotmonster

Visit site
I think I saw your test. My friend was competing and I was stayed Fri and Sat. She came 2nd in the warm up but her horse was horrid in the first proper test. THe flower pots kept blowing over in the wind and he wouldnt go near them!

FREESTYLER

Visit site
The weather and wind I am sure did not help... the only way to go now is up......you got there and competed...stay positive!

Jo C

Visit site
I was thinking of you all weekend, such a shame about the weather, I am sure your tests weren't as bad as you thought. Well done for battling against the weather! Hopefully I'll see you out and about again soon!

Quarrybank

Visit site
Ta hun. It wasn't his worst tests, but sadly I knew we could do so much better
frown.gif

Weather def didn't help. Why is it always pants on a Bank holiday. I feel for all the people at MK 3DE
crazy.gif

Not sure when we're out next, but hopefully see you out & about soon. x.
cool.gif

Judie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Go for it!!

TCH - Central are only letting Inter regional squad members try out for it - sorry
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure, as Kim's post on the BD forum suggests otherwise?? Sensation has asked her to clarify.

Judie

Visit site
QuarryBank - don't be too hard on yourself or Q, the weather was awful and there was so much going on, I'm sure next time he will be back to his normal self. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend overall, it was a fantastic atmosphere and if you're anything like me you can't wait for next year (or the Home International if we get in!).

Taboo1968

Visit site
blush.gif
Oh God Q which test did you see? The one like a tense horrible giraffe??? (warm up saturday 13.38) or the 20.14 one???? or Sundays one?

Odie was a complete sh*t for the warm up test..... but things improved once we calmed down and the days went past!

Shame we didn't have a chance to catch up and say hi..... Will have to make sure we make time, next time!
grin.gif

Quarrybank

Visit site
I saw your sunday one
grin.gif
Which looked good.
smile.gif

You're weekend sounded very similar to mine.
crazy.gif

Q was shocking in the warm up test to & got 55%.... I was pleased we'd got over 50% as it was truely awful. He kept cantering when he should have been trotting & spooking at everything
blush.gif

The first team test he went a bit better & we got 57.5%.
Sunday was much improved but still nowhere near what he can do, but I was pleased to finally get over 60%.
All good experience I think. Hopefully we'll get to say hello next time
cool.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
Ah did you spot the blue and white golf umbrella that came round the corner of the arena, through the gate and into the warm up though? Just started the medium trot and then appeared this blue and white huge umbrella!!! Team trainer apparently had a right go at the human holding the said umbrella, which was quickly put down out the way!!!! I had a rather loud grumble about stupid human attached to umbrella to be congratulated later for threatening to wrap it round said humans head as they were apparently standing just inside the door when I said it and shrank to about two inches high!!! Just wish I had taken large umbrella, to reciprocate the favour!!!!
All in all though, it was a very good weekend and I would highly recommend it to anyone for next year....and yes Q, we will meet up soon!!!
grin.gif