BD Pet plans

Moon Dancer

Visit site
I am thinking about trying some BD with my horse. My physio has suggested affiliating him :)
My question is I dont want to pay out to affliate yet, I want to see how we do first, I also don't have any transport so an reliant on other people at the moment, can you collect sheets for pet plans? Which classes do you have to enter or is it any class? I understand that I will need to enter the open section of the prelim to enter and I need to register my horse as an associate member as well as my self. I think this is right!

fatpony

Visit site
I am by no means an expert but I recently emailed BD about this - they were very helpful. You can become an associate member online - its free, then you can compete at prelim level in the open section. Your horse doesn't need to be a full member - can be an associate member which is also free but you can't actually do this online at the moment so they told me not to worry about registering horse at the moment. If you get the qualifying scores then you can qualify for pet plans but need to join BD fully before you can compete at them.

Moon Dancer

Visit site
Thank you. Thats what I understood as well but was a little bit confusing. is it worth registering the horse via post or is there no need.

fatpony

Visit site
They told me not to bother about it just now - i think you only register by post if you are a full member but Id recommend emailing them if you want to check cos they really are very helpful

nclem

Visit site
I am thinking about trying some BD with my horse. My physio has suggested affiliating him :)
My question is I dont want to pay out to affliate yet, I want to see how we do first, I also don't have any transport so an reliant on other people at the moment, can you collect sheets for pet plans? Which classes do you have to enter or is it any class? I understand that I will need to enter the open section of the prelim to enter and I need to register my horse as an associate member as well as my self. I think this is right!

Hello, good luck with your pet plans I'm sure it will be great I've not done any yet but one day hope to. Just a thought, you said you would be in the open section - have you competed affiliated and scored points before? Just that if you have no points I'm pretty sure you'll be in the restricted section, and go to open once you are a certain group.m

Best of luck :) xx

Moon Dancer

Visit site
You can enter Prelim Opens as an Associate member and these test sheets can be used for Area Festival Qualification – to go to the Area Festival you must both be Fully registered.* If you would like to enter a novice to try it out you can purchase a class ticket. **To enter the Prelim Opens you need to use your Associate number which you will find on your Log in details on the website.

This is the email I got from the BD if anyone else is interested.