BD points

Baileys_no1

New User
Visit site
My horse hasn’t competed BD since 2011, we have the opportunity to do some dressage uk for fun so I wanted to check the rules. He previously had approx 125 BD points but when I access his record the summary says 0 points. Do points get archived if a horse doesn’t compete for so many years? Or were points archived when the new system was introduced? I only achieved one sad lonely point at novice on his record so it would be awesome if he was eligible for the lower levels especially as a veteran.

Littlebear

Visit site
My horse hasn’t competed BD since 2011, we have the opportunity to do some dressage uk for fun so I wanted to check the rules. He previously had approx 125 BD points but when I access his record the summary says 0 points. Do points get archived if a horse doesn’t compete for so many years? Or were points archived when the new system was introduced? I only achieved one sad lonely point at novice on his record so it would be awesome if he was eligible for the lower levels especially as a veteran.

To be honest I think this is a qu for bd office, I haven't known any horse to ever have points 'archived', I competed pre 2011 and those horses points still show.
It would be a stroke of luck for you if they have and you want to compete at lower levels so perhaps ask and don't push the point too much so they don't get reinstated?

DressageCob

Visit site
When the changes first came in, it was said that only the results from the previous 2 years would count. However, I'm not sure if that has since changed. Definitely best to phone BD and ask. it's a minefield!

Baileys_no1

New User
Visit site
Update : The points stand it’s an IT glitch with the main site 🙄. As the horse has 132 points 6 at medium we are eligible for BD prelim silver and looks like elementary level for dressage uk, so maybe less ‘fun’ more polish required but at least we will be competing fairly.