BD Question - downgrading

Sparklet

Visit site
Hi, any of you BD buffs out there help me with a query.

Someone I vaguely know has down-graded their horse and it now has 40 BD points - the rider has not been affiliated before and the horse had Elem points.

Should the rider be in the Restricted or Open section if competing at Novice. I must admit I thought it would be the Open section but am happy for someone to correct me if I am wrong.

The person did her first comp at the weekend and entered the Nov Restricted - the comp organisers accepted the entry as such and that is the section she was placed in - she was placed and got a point, I believe?

If I am right and she should have been in the Open section - will that be picked up at BD head office?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Any horse that is downgraded has to compete in the open section. It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure they are entered in the correct section.

Sparklet

Visit site
But placings and potential prize money will be affected. Their record on the BD website will also be wrong. I just wondered if BD checked and let them know.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But placings and potential prize money will be affected. Their record on the BD website will also be wrong. I just wondered if BD checked and let them know.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, placings/prizemoney will be affected but unless she won with a qualifying score then i doubt any action would be taken.

Taboo1968

Visit site
I believe that she should have been in the Open section.... I enquired about my horse being downgraded, he is currently banded as elementary but schools at PSG and gained most of his points at Advanced Medium and Advanced.....

I was told that if I downgraded him, I could ride in the novice section but it would have to be open.... but I could still enter elementary restricted..... You are also not to ride in qualifying classes and cannot ride in a regionals for 6 months after downgrade..... If the horse was only elementary, why didn't she just re register him and ride in the Open section of Novice instead of spending all that money to have him downgraded to the section below?

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Yes any horse who has been downgraded MUST always compete in the open section I am sure of it, I haven't read the 2007 rules though as I'm not competing. I haven't competed since my Dutch
frown.gif

I hate it when people ignore the rules it's unfair, to be beaten by someone better than you is absolutely fine....dressage is a training exercise, to be beaten by someoone who isn't eligable is bad!

Sparklet

Visit site
The good bit I suppose was that she didnt do very well only just getting over 60% and came 2nd and 4th in her classes so no qualifier and no prize money. I was amazed because her trainer competes reguarly and was there with her on the day. Saying that they have been hawking the same horse around all the unaffiliated shows with BD points restrictions and completely ignoring the restrictions so I am not entirely sure whether it was deliberate or accidental.

When it comes to loading her results on the BD site surely BD will realise because there are all the elementary results showing. I would have thought they would have had to make changes to the results and would need to let them know because it will continue to be a lot of work for BD to keep having to change the class results.

I know at my first Nov comp I got 1st and 2nd in my classed, however when the results finally appeared on the BD site (severl months later) I was logged as having two firsts so missed out on the rosette (how sad that it matter so much but there you go) and also the prize money. I suspect someone was in the wrong class then as well.

keysoe

Visit site
In wrong section, but for grading purposes the points are the same O or R. It will not be a qualifying score, so will not affect Regional qualification (where the error would be picked up)