BD question

eventingdiva

Visit site
If i enter a novice and elementry test on the same day, can i still enter the novice restricted, even though she may get points in the elementry class? im still group 7 so normally enter novice restricted.
also, if we get points in the elementry, can we count a win at novice restricted towards winter regionals, or do we have to re-qualify at novice open?
confused.gif

Hope that makes sense!!
Thank you x

Judie

Visit site
If you have no elementary points at the time of entering your competition you can do novice restricted and can continue until you get an elementary point, thereafter you have to enter in the novice open section.

If you win at novice restricted both a qualifier and one other with the required percentage before you get an elementary point you can still compete at the winter regionals even if after you get your elementary points as you were eligible at the time of qualifing. If however you only have one win in the bag and you then get elementary points you will have to get two wins in novice open to get to the regionals.

If it were me, try and qualify for novice restricted before doing elementary, but if you do go elementary go for qualifing in that rather than the novice open unless your very good as you will be with all the big boys on their flashy youngster.

eventingdiva

Visit site
Thank you.
We qualified for summer novice restricted but she went lame and had 3 months off...
Shes better with 'busier' tests so elementry tests suits her better, but we'll see.
Most of the 'big boys' near us have competed this horse anyway, so people tend to get a bit p*ssed off with me taking her in the restricted sections, so may just have to go for it!
Thanks for your help x

Judie

Visit site
I've already qualified for the winter regs at elementary but thankfully not in your area! I hate elementary especially bloody E52
mad.gif

eventingdiva

Visit site
I know what you mean - just got lost reading through E55!
According to dressagediagrams.com they're not using E52 (and other i cant remember!) from next year, so you wont have to do it for much longer! x

Judie

Visit site
Oh thank god for that, does it say what test will be used at the regionals?

I'm out of elementary now so it will be my last time at the regs..
grin.gif

JLav

Visit site
They are still using 52 and 55 next year but 52 has been slightly amended (only 3 loops on the canter serpentine with 2 simple changes) so they have to re-number it (now 57). 55 is unchanged from a riding point of view but the marks have changed so again it has been re-numbered (now 53).
I think that 43 is now the championship test for elementary restricted which is a lovely test, much easier than 52.

Tempi

Visit site
im doing 43 at patchetts for the regionals (if i go). not sure what the tests are for the other venues tho. Bloss is out of elementary now too, so this will be my last proper elementary with her if i do it.