BD Regionals

Madam_max

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what to expect as Sunday will be my first time. What are the arenas like and are they spooky :D? Especially anyone with experience of Kingston Maurwood. Even better if anyone has any vid they can share.

Thanks

Booboos

Visit site
I've never been to Kingston Maurward, but I am sure you will have a fabulous time!! Don't forget to get the details of the photographer and video person!!!

Good luck!

burtie

Visit site
I've only been once to KM (not a regional though), the outside warm up is a spilt arena with the competition in the other half so not generally too spooky.

Do you know if you are inside or outside? The inside arena is a bit like Crofton I found. My horse was a bit terrified when he first went in but did eventually settle.

Luckily I'm outside for my class on Tuesday!

Good luck for you class.

Madam_max

Visit site
I have been there but again not for regional. I just wondered if they brought out especially scary things-lol. I am not sure but I think I am outside. Good luck for Tuesday.x

Imonone

Visit site
There will almost certainly be lots of flowers. There will be more than one judges table, which can be strange for a young horse. Often many more banners/advertisements. Possibly music/loudspeakers.
Cant comment specifically on KM but this is my experience of other venues.

Tangaroo

Visit site
Ive done the winter regionals at KM a couple of times. If you are outside thats fine, just lots of flower pots normally at each marker. If you are inside, in the past they have judges tables at one end and last time they were on platforms with drapes over them :eek: They can cause quite a problem. My horse came in, got half way up the long side, reared and spun 180 and galloped back to the door!!! Didnt bode well for the test as when he was in the bottom half of the arena he was fine but every time we had to go near the tables he was trotting like a stork :rolleyes::eek: Bless him!
Good luck. I might pop up tomorrow and watch as its only 10minutes from me.

Madam_max

Visit site
Thank you. Hmm there was me thinking indoors was safer-lol.

If you're about I have a black blue and silver lorry (KM Horseboxes) and a dark warmblood with white socks and a blaze with a silly walk-lol.x