BD rules - seat savers allowed?

HelenPolly

Visit site
Hi,

My question is as it says really, I haven't done a dressage test for about 2 years now due to injury etc., but last time I competed I remember being allowed to use my Heather Moffatt seat saver (always did dressage at the same yard).

I can't seem to find anything in the rule book about this now and am competing soon at a different yard, just wanted to check it was still allowed under BD rules before having to flaff about taking it off.

(can't ride without it now as it relieves my dodgy knee joints so nicely!)

Thx a lot

HelenPolly

Visit site
Hmm, intriguing, could have sworn there was a rule change - unless they've changed it back again! That's why I thought I'd ask you guys as some comps at yards are more lenient on this stuff than others, maybe I've been riding at one of them.

Oh well, back to stiff knees!

Thx

Alibear

Visit site
you know I thought they were to , the gel one yes but not the sheepskin ones and they had to be the same colour as the saddle.

Is the rule book not coming up on the BD website, it used to.

HelenPolly

Visit site
No worries - brilliant, someone's just emailed me part of the dress rules and gel pads are permitted:

Thx a lot,
Helen

49. Saddles
Saddles must be worn and be of English or Continental style and must be brown, black, grey or navy. Stirrup leathers and irons are compulsory and must be attached to the saddle and used in the conventional way. Western style or brightly coloured saddles are not permitted It is permissible to ride side saddle. Saddle covers are not permitted except during riding-in. A gel pad seat saver is permitted, provided that it is unobtrusive and matches the colour of the saddle. Other types of seat saver including sheepskin/fur fabric are not
permitted unless written dispensation has been obtained from the British Dressage Office. Treeless saddles are permitted.

KatB

Visit site
Oops.... shows how long it is since i've competed BD.... must be old rule book i'm quoting...
blush.gif