BD Winter Champs report from a very weary Banana!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Apologies in advance if I start to ramble on but having tried to avoid the morning rush hour traffic at the Hartpury end, we ran into Friday afternoon traffic with people heading to the coast for the weekend at t'other so our journey took about 61/2hrs insted of 5.
frown.gif

Henry was a good boy although not sparkly in the Advanced Medium but I wasn't disappointed in him..........it was the jockey.
frown.gif

It was a test which has two extra halts in it, one very nearly at the end in the canter section where you have to halt at A for 5secs then canter on again before going across the diagonal. For some reason, when running through it in my mind all morning, I kept forgetting that halt, but having watched a few tests had it firmly in my mind.
Yep, you've guessed it.............numpty here forgot it completely and went sailing by A, setting him up for an '8' change over X!
As soon as the bell went I knew exactly what I'd done, carried on cantering, put my hand up and circled round to A to do our halt!

I am pretty lucky in that I can usually learn tests very quickly and thoroughly and can count the number of times I've gone wrong on the fingers of one hand.
What a time to do it!
blush.gif

So then in the PSG I was so determined to not waste my time in the arena and to give it my best shot.

At the crutial moment when I needed to get ready, my friend had disappeared!
I had Henry in one hand and needed to get into the trailer to get my top hat and tails on and SHE HAD THE KEY!
frown.gif

I'm normally very meek and mild, but I guess competition stress has the power to make everything seem a major catastrophe and when she swanned up the hill, having been watching Jordan give out the first prize in an earlier comp, I had steam coming out of my ears!
blush.gif
Poor Kate!
Anyway, got changed, hopped on board and went to warm up.
H felt horrible, stiff and heavy and I was trying so hard not to take my earlier frustration out on dear H. However, I was aware that I was riding much more assertively than usual. Our turn to go came quicker than I would have wished but in we went.
One of the first moves is extended trot across the long diagonal. As we approached the far corner there was a black dustbin on its side just outside the boards being blown towards us.
crazy.gif
I felt H hesitate just for a millisecond and I jammed my inside leg on and bent him away and bless his cotton socks, he didn't falter.
smile.gif

Anyway, the rest of the test went without a hitch, not perfect but no test ever is, but I didn't feel we could have done any better.

I was delighted to finish in the prize giving in both classes, 9th in the Advanced Medium and 6th in the PSG.
My friend Kate says she is going to go awol more often!!!
grin.gif

Met JLav in the arena walk and also met up with the lovely TOG, who had come over to see us. I really appretiated your support. Thank you, it means a lot.
grin.gif

Later that evening Taylored Equestrian hosted a brilliant HHO meet in her lorry.
It was great to meet her at last and also previous friends Tempi, The_carthorse (x2), Em_Bee, Teffy and Law. As you can imagine, it wasn't always PC and I for one am paticularly disappointed that TE's sponsorship didn't work out!
Other topics I will leave for others to divulge..........
wink.gif

Wine and Pringles for those still awake and just a quick photo of us in the Ad Medium before my very senior moment!

Pic courtesy of Imagepoint, permission granted.
image-8.jpg

Jo C

Visit site
Wow - great placings and fantastic picture. We'll forgive you your senior moment, it happens to all of us!
tongue.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Law

Visit site
I said it before but shall say it again... your PSG test was lovely- a very well deserved placing
smile.gif

Apologies for my Atkins rant as well, i forget to hold back sometimes!
blush.gif
crazy.gif

Wish I could have stayed and seen more. How awful to have such a rubbish journey home, at least you are home now and can have a well earned rest
smile.gif

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Horses named Henry are always the best ones! I wish my one could complete a prelim nevermind a PSG!!
Well done, everyone has to forget a dressage test at some point, i can remeber them after one read through but forgot mine completely in an ridden exam!!
Lovely picture!

FREESTYLER

Visit site
Fantastic report and Fantastic results!!!!!!! You enjoy your weekend now and have a well deserved rest!!!!!!!!!! To do the roundy roundy twice.........great!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge pat on the back to you!! Only sorry will not see you !

Judie

Visit site
Again WELL DONE!!, I think Henry has an amazing heart and is a true credit to you and I just love the photo of you both together.

Worried1

Visit site
I think they are amazing achievements - You are officially my new HHO hero!!!!!!!

I am absolutely crapping my pants about tomorrow and it's only the prelim. I will inform Diva she has a lot to live up to!

VERY WELL DONE!
x

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Great to end up with decent placings and sorry, I sort of giggled with horror at the error. Sometimes I think the concentration is so hard the brain goes into overdrive and hence the mistake
wink.gif

I love the picture, definitely one for the mantlepiece, where do you think you would have ended up without that error?

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Well done
grin.gif
and I love the piccy its lovely!
grin.gif
Shame about the journey home.
crazy.gif

The meet up was a great laugh...
grin.gif
and I don't know what information could possibly left to be divulged by anyone else!!
wink.gif
Perhaps we will have to wait for the_carthorse to woggle her way home and remind us all
tongue.gif

JLav

Visit site
Well done. I'm only sorry we didn't have much time in the arena walk to talk a bit more and that I didn't get to see you again.

There must have been something in the air that morning cos I went wrong in the Medium as well!!! I couldn't believe it as I have ridden that test so many times over the years.

I'm also sorry I missed the get together in TayloredEquestrians lorry as The_carthorse said it was great fun, but I was so tired and had an early start Friday morning.

So once again well done and hopefully next time we meet we'll have a bit more time for a chat.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk

Henry is indeed a lovely little horse and I feel very lucky indeed that I was able to have him from the ILPH and that he's been given a second chance to do what he was bred to do.

Thank you for all your lovely comments.
smile.gif

I'll try and answer a few........

Weezy, sorry that you didn't make it after all, it'd have great to meet you!
smile.gif

Law and FREESTYLER..........rest, REST? I had to teach 10 lessons today, have just got in and am struggling to keep the lids open!!! Luckily the clients kept me plied with caffeine! Not so busy tomorrow thankfully!

Worried1, hero, me? Oh no, how
blush.gif
but am very flattered.
smile.gif
Thank you.

Henryhorn, I'm not sure how it would have affected things. As it stood on it's own, not much, probably one place but having said that, although I am usually very good at putting mistakes behind me immediately and riding for the next movement, when I did ride the halt, H was quite tense and thought rein back which gave us a poor mark for that and then the change on the diagonal was muddled and if you can rely on him for one thing it is his changes. So sadly, my error probably affected three movements which possibly meant we could have been nearer to 4th,5th or 6th place as the marks were so close.

Teffy, yes, I would hate to spoil The_carthorse's fun!!!
wink.gif
I see C did well today....brilliant!
smile.gif

Good Luck to Worried1, FREESTYLER and Jnr Carthorse tomorrow, will wait for their reports later.
smile.gif