BE Event closed before ballot - can they do that?

tilly17

Visit site
which event is it?it might be an idea to contact the secretary or BE, it is very unusual for that to happen if not unheard of.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
S'ok - I've just spoken to Carolyn at BE. There's a mix up on the ballot date, some schedules show it as today, BDWP shows it as tomorrow. She's going to contact them to ask them to re-open it. Phew! :eek:

popsdosh

Visit site
The BE site shows as today.When I saw it was tomorrow on BDWP I was rather surprised as Friday is invariably ballot day for a weekend event.
You just reminded me to enter as I guessed which one it was when I saw the original post.

popsdosh

Visit site
Looks like all they did was open waitlist for closed classes and changed the Ballot date on BDWP. I expect they will argue that BE schedule is the official one as an excuse.
Feel sorry for those that have missed out! However to answer your original question no they cannot close any classes until midday on ballot date,that is the logic of having a ballot system in the first place.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Yep you're right popsdosh - I've sorted my dilemma and am entered but there are probably others who haven't been so fortunate.

I was rather surprised when I saw it at lunchtime and was pretty confident they couldn't close before Ballot but started to question my own sanity! :confused: