BE Frickley Park ? Doncaster anybody?

Scoundrel

Visit site
Just loosely trying to put some kind of plan together for my season when it finally starts ....roll on July.
Anyhooooo I was wondering if anyone has any idea what Frickley park is like?? I know its new so nobody will have done BE there before but thought maybe it previously did unaff ??
I am trying to find some BE80's to do initially as I need the confidence boost so thought Bold then Frickley they loosely aim at Kelsall 90 in September if all goes to plan.
EEeeeeek!!!

orangepony

Visit site
Frickley is our hunt venue, where teamchases were previously held (lots of nice large hedges!). It has run hunter trials over recent years but not ODE's as such so BE will be a whole new start.

I will imagine they will put a fair degree of effort into the set-up as it is to replace Beckwithshaw and I for one am excited to see what they come up with.

Sorry no further info on course etc, but ground is usually quite good even during winter.

web76

Visit site
The event has its own website - www.frickleypark.co.uk - which has some photos of the new courses under construction and more information for competitors (for example we are offering £150 to the winner of each 90 and 100 sections, £100 for second - we think you should at least cover your costs if you win!!!).

The show jumping will be in front of the main hall, and dressage in a separate field to the side. The three courses (80, 90 and 100) are completely new including a high proportion of permanent features. They will be full length with near maximum jumping efforts, but have been designed to be a fairly straightforward for year one. Work started in February and is involving a big effort from the estate and the organisers - we hope that people enjoy the new venue! David Carpenter is designing and building, with Adrian Ditcham acting as event consultant.

As mentioned it is a new event, so it will probably take a couple of fixtures to get it exactly right, but our aim is to put on one of the best weekends in the eventing calendar for 80,90 and 100 riders. Whilst Frickley has run hunter trials and team chases before, this will be a very different type of event - different courses, different jumps. It is also on a totally separate part of the estate from where previous pony club ODE have been held.

Hope the above helps. Any questions, please ask.

yeeharider

Visit site
our local hunt/hunter trial/team chase venue The ground is usually good to soft and the fences excellent and upto height for hunter trials/team chases cant say for the ODE as its a new venture but am sure they will make every effort and should be fab!!!! Looking forward to it :D:D

georgiegirl

Visit site
I've got a bit of feedback!!

Re the xc course...be careful to walk fence 19 the corner combo, a few missed it out today and went the quick way to the finish via the be80 route and got eliminated.

The boat house before the water was causing a few problems too. Its light to dark and quite a tight turn into it making the horses think they were jumping into water directly so it caught a few by suprise.

The sj was a little slippy on some of the tighter turns and the ground in the stressage was a bit rough - they do provide a clock though in the dressage warmup which I think was a great idea!

We had a fab day and really enjoyed it. Report coming up soon when the pro pis are out (who are fantastic btw and did 3 different fences on the xc course)

Good luck all! X

Muddyboots

Visit site
Well done! I had a silly refusal
Xc - still gutted! So frustrated!!! Do you know who the photographer was?? I grinned at the camera over one fence but couldnt find the pic when I looked in there trailer so wanted to emial them??