Be on your guard

vanessahook

Visit site
Last week someone was seen trying to steal my horse's rug, fortunately they didn't manage to get it off.
At the weekend i spray painted it with my post code (it was brand new and i was very loathed to do it!!), so what do the potential theives do next? Obviously didn't want to steal it anymore so instead completely slashed it to pieces while it was on my horse's back, fortunately neddy is fine but large repair bill for me!!!

vanessahook

Visit site
Its pretty shocking and doubly disappointing that it is a brand new rug, im just glad they didn't take it and leave her naked in this cold!!!

RobinHood

Visit site
rugs get stolen off my horse's backs all the time. They are splattered with white gloss paint (postcode, writing, handprints, squiggles anything to identify them) and yet they still get taken. It's the gypsies that take them, a woman at the yard saw them do it, and they are quite happy to leave a fully clipped horse out at night with no rug.

there's just nothing we can do about it.

RobinHood

Visit site
Just to add that they also take old rugs in the hope that you will replace them with nice new ones, and fly masks are also a good target.

vanessahook

Visit site
I sympathise with you, unfortunately its gypies that try to take my rugs! Its a lovely yard but there is gypsy camp just the other side of the fence. Their favourite trick is throwing stones on top of the indoor school when you're riding!!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
What a bunch of twats. Its even more scary to think these people are surely stealing rugs for their own horses which is shocking that they have their own. I dont know how you cope with that! It would be the fact that someone had been in with my horses that would freak me out so bad! Think it would be a CCTV job.....!! Maybe you should get those fake CCTV camera's to put up round your horses field - might put them off?! Or even just put up signs along the fence line saying CCTV in operation may be enough to make them think twice?

BBs

Visit site
Ive heard this happen before
frown.gif

We've had a few break ins close to my yard recently. Its very worrying
frown.gif
especially as all my horses are pretty easy to do and would come over to investigate.

Thankfully I have a huge metal container which i use to store all the tack in now
smile.gif

Where about did this happen?

North oxfordshire area has been heavily targetted lately
frown.gif