BE Ownership Question

Sportznight

Visit site
I have now emailed BE twice and called four times, all to no avail. They must be extremely busy, as no one answers the phone or it's busy... The number is the one off the website, is that correct?

I want to register my 5yo BE. That's the simple bit :) I have been told that as the owner (not the rider) I do not need to be a 'Member', I just need to be registered, which is free. However, I cannot for the life of me find out how to register. Obviously if I need to become a member in order to register him, then so be it, however, free is appealing :D

What I'm trying to say is HELP! Thank you :D

kerilli

Visit site
are you using 0247 669 8856
you should get an answer on that.
as to the other question, i thought that you had to be an associate member or similar to be registered as an owner (hence some owners allow the rider to register the horse in their own name to avoid an additional cost.)
i hope you get through soon.
the good news is that i think you now only pay 1/2 year registration, which helps!

ihatework

Visit site
If you want to be logged as the owner on the BE website and in the programmes then you will need to be a member. Once you have joined as a member you will then have the option of registering the horse.

If you don't want to be officially recognised as the owner, then the horse can run under the riders name. The rider will need to register the horse under their log in details on website.

Sportznight

Visit site
Yep, that's the number.

Thank you both :)

That's why we've left it until now, didn't see the point in registering a baby, who's being slowly done, any earlier. If we left the ownership down to being the rider for this year, could we change it for next?

Sorry for being so thick, I'm a complete virgin to being an 'owner' - well, owner/breeder in this case :D

SpottedCat

Visit site
The grumpy bay one ran all of last year as though Chatter1 owned him (even though I did and paid all the bills) because there was no way I thought it was worth paying BE £125 just to get my name printed in the programme as the owner - rip off IMO. You will have to pay £135 as a new member and £140 if you do it via the office rather than online. The rider will still have to be a member as well.

If they'd had an 'owners' membership at about the £50 mark I might have paid that. Instead, we registered him with Chatter1 as the 'owner' and then this year when it cam to me running him, I simply emailed BE and asked for it to be changed back to being me as the owner. If you want to change owner mid-season, and the horse has already run, BE charge for that too, it's about £27 IIRC.

As the breeder, if he does anything note-worthy which may involve the breeder, then you are automatically put forward for the breeding awards as I understand it. (Assuming someone tells them who the breeder is!!).

Sportznight

Visit site
Why would BE not be told that I am the breeder? I own the bloody thing, so they'd sure be told who bred him lol. I agree with the extortionate fee for putting the owner's name in - madness. I completely see your point too :) Thanks.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Why would BE not be told that I am the breeder? I own the bloody thing, so they'd sure be told who bred him lol. I agree with the extortionate fee for putting the owner's name in - madness. I completely see your point too :) Thanks.

I mean, if there is a prize for the best British bred horse (which is usually what happens BE - can't think of any other breeding prizes), then you have to fill in on the entry form that he is eligible and who bred him, and there isn't a charge for this. BE don't have a crystal ball ;) There is always a charge for being the 'owner', but you'd be amazed how many horses run BE whose 'owners' do not foot the bill ;) It is why the ridiculous BE stats about the number of owner/riders are a complete joke...