BE question (probably very blonde so sorry!)

Jess91

Visit site
Are stopwatches allowed to be worn at novice level be? Or is that just a wrong impression i have got? Sorry probably very obvious question but i hadn't noticed them being worn at novice (could be being very unobservant) but thought i read somewhere that they could be?
Thanks!

connie1288

Visit site
You can wear them at Novice, not many people do though, i never have and only would if the time was the difference between a win or not.

Jess91

Visit site
Thanks, just wondering what are your views on wearing a watch at this level? Do you think it would be better to try to learn to judge speed or a good idea to wear a watch? Sorry just not sure if i should start wearing one or not?!

connie1288

Visit site
Like i say i have never worn a watch, but then i have the problem of going to quick most of the time and have always managed to be half good at judging pace. I would start with out, see how you get on time wise, then possibly take one if you need it.

connie1288

Visit site
I would keep going without tbh, one less thing to worry about, I was going to start wearing it to practise for Houghton CCI*, but then didnt go, or I say to myself I will wear it if we are half competitive then go and boot 4 showjumps out!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I never used to bother.. untill i was told it was a good idea by my trainer.
When is going to be a good time to wear it for the first time? So you might as well get used to wearing it at every event, just don't ride to it/worry about it!!
Just wear it.
Get used to starting it.
Get used to the min beep.
Get used to your speed, and how far you travel in 1min.
If you start wearing it now, when it doesn't really matter, you'll be so used to it when it does!!
I've only just started wearing mine, and wish i'd started earlier!

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
i wear it always!
but, i set it so that it counts down.
if the optimum time is 5mins20
i set it at 4mins20.
this is because when you get to zero, it starts to count back up, and it beeps for one min. therefore when it gets to zero and starts beeping and counting back up, i know i have one min to get home. therefore,,if my horse has enough left in the tank, i can up the pace or slow down accordingly. if i get home before it stops beeping i am inside the time. if it stops beeping before i am home,,i know i am over the time!

chatter1

www.wayacresporthorses.co.uk
I always wear at novice level now your allowed too, as I think its most useful. I also wear it for intermediate but use it less and don't even wear it advanced as I know I need to go as fast as I can, and theres absolutely no danger of me going too fast!!!
grin.gif

The thing I often forget, is to set it off.... oops!!