BE Richmond novice

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi guys has anyone got any idea what Richmond novice xc is like? I am thinking or doing it for my 6 year old first novice so any info on combinations, skinnys or anything which is more on the difficult side would be very useful, horse is now very confident at Be100, have entered the Be100 at Richmond as was wanting another run but several people have advised it would be a good first run at novice plus the sj is on a surface, also how suitable would aske or allerton park be for a first novice as they are my other options? Any info much appreciated! Thanks:)

Charlotte125

Visit site
Richmond novice was my first and definitely worth a go! I've done both Allentown and aske novice courses and not had a problem at either, but probably more of a question than Richmond. Askes sj always causes problems but Allertons sj is on a nice flat area. Richmond novice definitely most suitably first one! Hope that helps x

charlimouse

Visit site
I would say Richmond is certainly a more straightforwards novice than Aske or Allerton. I do know people who have done Aske as their first novice and got on ok, however personally I think Allerton is pretty meaty. It is designed by Ian Stark and we all know he is a fan of a bold XC!

jodie :)

Visit site
Took my very spooky sjer around Richmond earlier on this year for schooling (only his 3rd time xc schooling) and he whizzed around. Lovely course, inviting and not overly technical :)

Gamebird

Visit site
I think that it has become slightly more tricky since they revamped the course this year - prior to that it was really a slightly over-height BE100. Unfortunately due to the cancellation in May I haven't seen the new course. Try DarkhorseB - she definitely walked it.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I think that it has become slightly more tricky since they revamped the course this year - prior to that it was really a slightly over-height BE100. Unfortunately due to the cancellation in May I haven't seen the new course. Try DarkhorseB - she definitely walked it.

Yes I walked it but don't have full pics anywhere.
The adding of the Intermediate loop did make it tougher than when I loooked at it the previous August. They shared a couple of Intermediate fences and the ground conditions made it a bigger ask than normal too. It would still be a good first choice though I think.

georgiegirl

Visit site
I really hope it does!

We still havent had a run yet this year and have entered the 100 on the sunday - I will be very upset if sat/sun's competition is cancelled due to running the extra day on the friday - its great they are running extra competition for people what with the horrendous year BE has had but hopefully not at the expense of those who had entered way before then!