BE- Volunteering- Events that look after their helpers?

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Little Downham is good for looking after thier people.

I did Isleham this year for the first time and i won't be doing it again. sent out with a Packet of crisp and a drink. A small cup of soup for lunch.

*giggles*

I've been before (and had been warned) and took the works with me, including gas stove for tea, coffee and home made soup and two cool boxes full of grub:) Next time we'll have to be better organised:D

btw Did Victoria come and find you to say thanks on Saturday? She'd thought you were a connection and was really impressed when I told her that you'd spotted the horse going off with no connections and waded in to help the way you did. So if she didn't manage to find you and say thanks officially let me pass it on from her. Give yourself a pat on the back:D Oh and the rider was released from hospital late that night and rang Tina the next day. I think we'd have both bet against that but thank goodness he's ok.

*hic*

Visit site
Little Downham was always good before so if it's improved it'll be exceptional!
I can't believe everyone nicking the loo rolls, that really is beyond the pale.
Apologies, couldn't be there to help at this one as mare and new foal needed my attendance.

I think the new catering team would like to think that they maintained the high standards that had been set previously:D Working from a marquee instead of the house with a generator for electricity and a bowser full of water and a camping stove made life, um, interesting.

I've seen piccies of your foal, briefly. Very nice, I hope she's going to do exactly what you want her to do:) We're STILL on foal watch and beginning to suspect that the father is neither the Section D or the donkey but an elephant. For a 13 hand pony she is just massive:O

*hic*

Visit site
Easiest way is to contact the organiser of whichever event you fancy helping at. You don't need to be clever and you don't even need to be able to ride. A full briefing should be given to all fence judges before the start, together with tea, coffee and bacon rolls if you're lucky, and there's always someone on the end of the radio, or the next fence, if you get a bit stuck.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Oh fab - the only thing that stopped me volunteering before was worrying I would be more hinderance than help but I love watching people jump and would love to spend a day doing it - how fantasitc, will send out a few emails tonight :D

*hic*

Visit site
Go for it! It's fun but to be on the safe side take yourself a flask and a snack and of course you need appropriate clothing for ALL weather conditions:D

duckling

www.facebook.com
Oh fab - the only thing that stopped me volunteering before was worrying I would be more hinderance than help but I love watching people jump and would love to spend a day doing it - how fantasitc, will send out a few emails tonight :D

If you want a buddy, I'll come! Too nervous to do it alone, I also think I'd be more of a hinderance... I'll bring cake :D

Custard Cream

Visit site
Had an email asking for help at Hopetoun (sp?) last weekend in July. OH normally comes fir the weekend to these things u he can't make this one....not sure about going on own, though I guess I could offer to do a different job?

Heidi1

Visit site
A friend and I also do Burghley and I have to say you are not looked after at all!!!!!!!!!

I do Burghley, have done for the last 10 years, Cross Country Control, and must say we do get looked after, Tickets for 4 days for two people with Members Parking, good lunch, plenty of drinks and a nice thank you at the end of the day and a nice thank you letter after too. The tickets are the main thing they save you a fortune and on the Saturday you can take friends in with you as well for free.......

Thistle

Visit site
I second the hospitality at Downham, but couldn't make it last weekend as I had to go to Norwich. Hopefully I'll experience it in the Autumn.

I've always been well looked after at Keysoe, breakfast, packed lunch, cake and coffee runs throughout the day and tes afterwards. Box of chocs and bottle of wine or a schooling voucher.

Rana

Visit site
There's normally a form on the Blenheim website which you can fill out and email back. That's how I got to help (last year). You do need to do it well in advance though - I sent mine to them in February and heard back in April, making arrangements for September. I think they're keen to get new volunteers involved, so worth trying again.