BE weekend report

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
A busy week-end with two BE events. I took both horses to be based at stables at Sailsibury for the bank holiday week-end.

Rags my 5 year old was entered for his second intro at Spire Park. My first visit and what a lovelly educational course with a variety of all types of fences and up to height. They had watered the XC so the going was quite good. I didn't think I would be competitive but he really surprised me witha good dressage and a double clear. I was amazed to be well inside the time XC as I thought I was going steadily yet he must have quite a ground covering stride. I was gobsmacked to finish 4th with him and really pleased with his attitude and started to think he may have some promise for the future.

After a day off I took Sarnita to do the Intermediate at Highclere. A fantastic event with perfect ground conditions. The cross country asked a lot of technical questions including a big bounce, a coffin on a turn, corners on a related distance turn and one of the biggest drops I have seen.

Sarnita did a reasonable dressage (tried hard but still struggling) 41.7 and jumped clear SJ over a big track and then went clear XC with only 2.4 time penalties. I was delighted she gave me a great feel and was so honest when I totally missed my line in the double of corners. She too finished 4th - even the sponsor said it was nice to see a different face!

Looking forward to Gatrcombe CIC** - got to sort out the top hat and tails now!

Bossanova

Visit site
very big well done for both events
smile.gif

Spire was much improved this time round and Highclere's int looked as it always does but I thought the bounce was too much for an int- did you go direct or long route?

dieseldog

Visit site
Don't be disappointed by your dressage, Cath was in the same section as you and got 47 - her worst this year, but when you look at the rest of them there were a lot of 50s a 69 and ...an 80 - there average mark per movemnet was 2 - that's not normal, the judge was marking very hard.

Well done on coming 4th.

Cath went clear SJ but retired XC as Floyd was completley out of his tree and high blowing and snorting into every fence so she pulled him up.

Prudence

Visit site
Hi SJ!

That is an awesome result, does AA know? For someone who doesn't even have their own school, you do wonderfully well with your two! An inspiration to others, that's for sure!!