BE - withdrawing before an event - vet cert?

Angelbones

Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm hoping some of you BE fanatics may be able to help me. I can't find the info on their website and can't find my rule book. I've emailed the entries sec but have yet to hear back.

We are entered for Borde Hill next Saturday but the horse is lame and the vet says she'll give us a cert or whatever is needed to say he can't compete. Can we withdraw our entry and get a refund with this?

We are past any other refund dates unless his exact day / time slot is taken up, less a handling charge, and will go with this if all else fails.

Anyone know how these things work?

Thank you :)

georgiegirl

Visit site
Ive only been in this position once before and was past the withdrawal date. I let the secretary know ASAP and she was very helpful. She said not to bother with vets cert and they would just fill my space off the wait list and I got a full refund. Sorry I cant be of any more help but I would recommend getting in touch with the secretary and seeing what they say. Mine was very helpful and I imagine most others will be too - after all, horses will be horses!

Hope its nothing too serious and you get sorted soon x

Ahrena

Visit site
I had to WD from a few last year when my horse went weird and needed tildren injections, and even with a vet cert. none of them would give me a refund.

kez1001

Visit site
Think its probably dependent on the event. Three years ago my horse had an accident jumping at home and landed on a nail in arena surface while having a jump lesson. She perforated her DDFT, coffin joint and navicular bursa. Sadly she had to be PTS. I contacted the event the next day to say I was withdrawing and was given a full refund

lannerch

Visit site
There is no hard and fast rules re withdrawal even with a vets cert and it is up to each event, so it looks like in this case you have ans your own question when you say the event states refund minus handling fee only if replaced

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
basically vets cert doesn't entitle you to anything sadly. Only way you will get a refund is if a waitlist meaning someone else can take your slot and you will potentially still lose a small admin fee if you are replaced. Any waitlists are meant to be published on the entries page (either BDWP, BE or otherwise) so worth checking

popsdosh

Visit site
Vets certificates are really pointless in most cases at Borde hill you will need to be in either the 90, 100open or novice to get a refund as these have waitlist and the other condition you need to full fill is that you must have entered before ballot date.