BE Young Horse Champs - Report - wow!!!!

sw123

Visit site
Well i dont really know what to say other than and that i'm sitting here in tears having received a very special DVD in the post today

Tuesday was the British Eventing Young Horse Championships at Tweseldown. Spider qualified on his first attempt back in May at Arley Hall and its been his aim all year.

At 5pm the night before BE sent a text saying they had changed the dressage test - very annoying, Em was furious. Not so much because he couldnt do it but because she had worked very hard producing Spider for that test and knowing it is often a dressage competition wanted to give him the best chance.

However, they left very early on Tuesday morning sadly leaving me behind. With a new job and Tom having an op that day meant I was at home working/playing nurse but attached to my phone being not very good at either job all day!

Dressage he warmed up fantastically and produced a smashing test. He's just so level at the moment and really grown into himself so is so much more uphill. You never know with so many flash moving foreign horses if yours can compete but today he did and gained 29.8 good enough for 3rd place after the dressage.

The SJ was big and bright and causing lots of problems. Em and her boyfriend have worked really really hard on this phase with Spi. He finds it very easy and then switches off so its a case of making him use his scope and keep his brain engaged. He jumped the round of his life, never any intention of touching a pole and looking seriously classy. The first clear of the class and moving him into the lead.

At this point Em was paranoid and sent off my brother to find out the time for the XC course and if it was fast/slow etc as there was no room for error here. She went over the course again as with Tweseldown's twisty tracks its all too easy to get lost. However they didnt and they cruised round clear over some quite tricky combinations that quickly sorted the men from the boys. A nervous wait to hear about time faults but they were inside the time and 0 was added to the score

Everyone was glued to the scoreboard just to makesure that it was right and we had won but yes, the last marks went up and my beautiful Spider had won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in tears on the phone, apparently burst Harry (brother)'s eardrums when he rang to confirm it I am so so so proud of my little man and Em who deserves this so much and has just done the most fabulous job of confirming him.

Into the prize giving dressed in his new rug "Lycetts 5 year old Champion 2009" and a sash he led the top ten into the arena ears pricked and striding out knowing he was the champion. He was an angel during the presentation and Auntie Nicky who co owns him with me went in to receive a framed picture of him and a (rather large) cheque!! After the presentation he led the field off to a great lap of honour with Simply the Best playing and then carried on round for his own moment in the spotlight, an utter champion, such a stunning boy!!!

More photos infront of the Sponsor's banner where he didnt really want to stand still having just galloped around but did manage to prick his years momentarily!!

This is just an complete dream come true, we consider ourselves as a family complete amateurs when it comes to breeding and its all down to Emilie and her amazing work that Spider has turned out so brilliantly. We must drive her mad with our lack of ambition for him just hoping they both "come home safe" at the end of each event and not worrying about prizes. The fact he brings them home time and time again just shows what a complete superstar he is. However star status will go v soon when he comes back to get hairy and muddy in the field

Am just over the moon we've had the most amazing season with him and this just tops it off. Locally too two friends both won big classes at HOYS with their homebred horses which caused huge celebration and now for ours to make it the third - well they say great things come in threes!!!!!

8131_740642855618_199704011_44905794_4961188_n.jpg

8131_740642865598_199704011_44905796_1059634_n.jpg

8131_740642880568_199704011_44905799_783789_n.jpg

8131_740642890548_199704011_44905801_5870913_n.jpg

8131_740642905518_199704011_44905804_420866_n.jpg

8131_740642915498_199704011_44905806_3672108_n.jpg

Joss

Visit site
Well done - absolutely brilliant result. He is a lovely young horse and so fantastic to have bred him & still own him as his competition career takes off.

Emilie has done a great job - I will always remember the amazing rodeo show that she calmly sat on in the warm up at Bramham. She has certainly channelled his enthusiasm in the right direction. I have a feeling there will be plenty of big wins to come that you can be present for.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
What a fab report- congratulations to the whole team.
grin.gif
I must be hormonal or summat, as it had me almost in years just reading and I don't know you/am not one for being emotional!
blush.gif
I can only imagine how very proud you are of your gorgeous boy and his (by the sounds of it!) brilliant jockey.

Hope he enjoys his winter holidays and here's to a brilliant 2010 season for you all.
smile.gif

connie1288

Visit site
WOW WOW WOW!!!
Well done to all off you, such a fantastic report and achievement!!
Bring on 2010, he looks such a chilled customer in the pics!!

TableDancer

Visit site
A wonderful report, it brought a tear to my eye
blush.gif
Huge congratulations to all of you on a stunning achievement - those "dream come true" moments are so very rare so I'm sure you'll treasure it
smile.gif
Hope Spider has a lovely holiday and we look forward to hearing more about his adventures next season
smile.gif
smile.gif

Alibear

Visit site
Woo fab report and well done to all in team Spider.
Lovely photo's too such a smart boy.
Of course we also nw need a photo of him roughed off and on his holidays, just for comparrison.
wink.gif