Beach riding holidays

wingedhorse99

Visit site
Beach riding holidays

Where would people recommend for holidays where you can stay with your horse, and ride on the beach?

Must be within a sensible driving distance of Surrey (max 2-3 hours in a slow older lorry).

Many thanks

Annagain

Visit site
Gower is lovely but unless you're in the far west of Surrey might be a bit far. Fairly easy trip though, straight along M4, only last 30 mins is off motorway and decent roads all the way.

We stay here (in trailers!) -lovely place. http://www.piltonmoorstables.co.uk/

Would think New Forest might be your best bet - both forestry and beaches there and not too far away? I've got no experience of that area but it looks lovely on paper.

ArabianGem78

Visit site
The New Forest is stunning for riding, but I don't know the beaches. I wonder whether Dorset might have some that are suitable? Or the coast at Somerset? You would also then have Exmoor to hand too. I know North Devon has some amazing beaches (Saunton is spectacular for riding! ) but may be too far for you.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Studland beach (Swanage) allows horse riding. You need a permit though.

The forest is great for off road riding and there are places where you can take your horse too.

wingedhorse99

Visit site
Gower is lovely but unless you're in the far west of Surrey might be a bit far. Fairly easy trip though, straight along M4, only last 30 mins is off motorway and decent roads all the way.

We stay here (in trailers!) -lovely place. http://www.piltonmoorstables.co.uk/

Would think New Forest might be your best bet - both forestry and beaches there and not too far away? I've got no experience of that area but it looks lovely on paper.

Looks lovely but is 4hours in a car, and probably 6 in my lorry :-(

Annagain

Visit site
Looks lovely but is 4hours in a car, and probably 6 in my lorry :-(

Such a shame, but I thought as much. Everybody should visit Gower - preferably on a horse. Rhossili beach has been voted in the top 10 in the World and I love being able to say I've galloped pretty much the whole length of it - well galloped about 400m and done a fastish canter for the rest. He's built for comfort not speed!

wingedhorse99

Visit site
Any recommendations for places further south? Essex? South Norfolk? Kent coast? South Coast? There is a lot of coast within a 3 hour lorry drive. There must be some nice beaches and places to stay. Does need to be an unrestricted beach. e.g. I know Bracklesham is unrestricted in Chicester.