Beastie needs a show name (I think)

Denbob

Visit site
So I'm off poorly and been thinking about Denzel - has passport name is Langson Mason Mayhem which I don't hate but don't feel any particular love for either. He's got no recorded breeding, he's just a backyard bub. I won't bore you with all the different stories I've heard about his breeding but if his last owner is to be believed he's by an ID (whose pictures look suspiciously like a coloured cob) out of a warmblood mare (whose pictures look suspiciously like a Welsh D cross) and is passported British Sport Horse.

We haven't competed before but are getting to a place where it's not far off so now seems a good time to think about it.

He's a quirky sod who reminds me of a labrador in that he's friendly and eats a lot 😒 definitely a people person and although he can be spooky he's not phased by a lot (see my avatar 😂). He will try his heart out for you and only say no when he's genuinely afraid.

FB_IMG_1540125872063.jpgFB_IMG_1540125890274.jpg

Last edited:

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I was always told it was bad luck to change a horses name so now I don't dare even if I don't like it! Also for affiliated competition you have to use the name on the passport and if you get it officially changed then you use the new name with the old name in brackets after which, personally, Sounds even worse.

Denbob

Visit site
His stable name will stay the same, I've had him for a year and a bit and couldn't even if I wanted too! Shortstuff do you have to use the old one even if they've never competed under it (or competed at all!)

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
His stable name will stay the same, I've had him for a year and a bit and couldn't even if I wanted too! Shortstuff do you have to use the old one even if they've never competed under it (or competed at all!)

Yes if it's the passport name then it has to be used, and if you change the passport then the old name is (usually) still listed after. I would also check the rules for how much it costs to change the passport name as for example with ANNCE (PRE's) it's a €1000 to change a passport name!

ihatework

Visit site
You have to compete under the passport name for anything affiliated.
So that means changing the passport name first (if the issuing authority allow you too), which unless it’s a tinpot PIO I think is wrong.

conniegirl

Visit site
All affiliated competition must be done under the passport name.

Sports horse breeding UK do not allow name changes
From their passport guidance document:
Foals may be registered un-named and named at a later date for the fee of £25. Once named the name may not be changed under any circumstances. When registered by overstamping the horse will be registered with the name on the passport.

Denbob

Visit site
There is an even her called Langson Rose.

Based around here Denzel was bred that's interesting - apparently there's a Langson stud which breeds British Sport Horses in Bath. Will do some digging, might be he's distantly related to one of theirs. Thank you!