Behold! The Shiney New Rug!

sandi_84

Visit site
Yeay! I bought my first ever rug! Stupidly excited about it and giggled like a loon when the delivery man took my signature :p

So behold the Derby House Heritage M/W 1200D prettyness!

SAM_0046.jpg

Lovely silky on the inside!
SAM_0048.jpg

Hope my measurements were ok so trying it on tomorrow over a clean cooler, fingers crossed that I didn't totally duff it up ha ha!

bumblelion

Visit site
Lol! I just bought one of mine two new rugs and a neck cover! Just been out in stable forcing him to do a modelling show whilst I was doing adjustments!! He wasn't as impressed as me though as it was prolonging the time it took him to get his pear!! Get so excited as he's a difficult boy to fit for rugs and have to get them from the big horse shop, not like my tb who will fit pretty much anything!!

sandi_84

Visit site
Within an hour it'll be mud coloured I promise you ;-)) so admire the newness of it for as long as you can xxxx

Hee hee! :D My sis bought me a lovely bright red one for xmas and I could distinguish him in the field from the other red rug wearers from a pretty massive distance for about three weeks... then he rolled in an especially muddy patch :eek: ha ha!

1Lucie

Visit site
Ummmm sorry but I too had this shiny new rug just before xmas.. within 2 days the chest clips snapped and was sporting a large rip!!! But, my horse is a rug destroyer but only since i purchased this rug!

sandi_84

Visit site
Ummmm sorry but I too had this shiny new rug just before xmas.. within 2 days the chest clips snapped and was sporting a large rip!!! But, my horse is a rug destroyer but only since i purchased this rug!

Nooo! Don't burst the pretty rug bubble! :eek: i'll be most upset if it does get wrecked straight away so i'll cross my fingers and hope for the best... although if my boy waited 3 weeks to really rub dirt into his older rug maybe there is hope for this one yet - rug enthusiasm not much dented by anything atm ;)
What did you do with it after it was shredded? :(

sandi_84

Visit site
Lol! I just bought one of mine two new rugs and a neck cover! Just been out in stable forcing him to do a modelling show whilst I was doing adjustments!! He wasn't as impressed as me though as it was prolonging the time it took him to get his pear!! Get so excited as he's a difficult boy to fit for rugs and have to get them from the big horse shop, not like my tb who will fit pretty much anything!!

Ha ha! Poor starved lad! ;) Yup I'll be getting my boy to parade up and down with his new rug on saturday so I can take photo's, won't have much time tomorrow to do anything other than check the fit and make sure he's alright before he gets thrown unceremoniously back into the field :rolleyes: I'm a baaaad mum! ;):D

1Lucie

Visit site
Soooorrrrryyyy :-/ however, on a plus note rug was a really good fit and i was actually very pleased with it until my boy decided to turn into the ultimate rug destroyer!!!!!!!!!

sandi_84

Visit site
Soooorrrrryyyy :-/ however, on a plus note rug was a really good fit and i was actually very pleased with it until my boy decided to turn into the ultimate rug destroyer!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha that's ok, like I said nothing is denting the rug enthusiasm right now :D
Can't wait to get it on him, was talking about stuff like his first farrier visit and getting all excited about that too, i'm sure the rug/farrier novelty will wear off soon but I plan to enjoy the totally disproportionate joy i'm getting from it till it does ;)

Emilieu

Visit site
Ha ha, I was all excited paying my first livery bill, the girls at the yard laughed at me! We went on first trailer journey yesterday which I was excited about but ended up being a bit of a stress :( rug looks lovely - enjoy x