Bellissimo M

lynwood

Visit site
I'm supposing that next year Bellissimo M will be coming to the forefront again due to the new stallion at Pape and the new Schock/Blue Hors acquisition. I have got a couple of bits of footage on him but not much else has anybody got an opinion/info on what mares he suits and his strengths and weaknesses?

Hollycat

Visit site
I would love to hear this too as my filly's breeder thinks I should put her in foal to him next year. Creepy - I was going to post on this today
shocked.gif

Hollycat

Visit site
No-one?????? I thought he looked pretty nice
confused.gif
He got a good report on Eurodressage in 2005 but I guess he hasn't competed much since. Wonder if there is any reason for that? He was Bundeschampion at 4 and reserve at 6. More info on him At 9 he has already got 25 sons approved (10 in his first season) and 37 premium mares. He seems to be producing not just dressage horses but jumpers too - which for me is a real plus as I think too many horses are bred just for dressage and lose the really good canter and quick hind leg of a more jumping bred horse. He produced the top priced mare AND the top priced horse overall a the Hanoverian elite auction this autumn (170,000 and 195,000 Euros respectively). For these reasons it really surprises me no-one has heard of him or has an opinion on him!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Not used him myself but i think he is geting more and more popular 'dispite' being chestnut. In fact i think he is now regarded as the saviour of the B line, as very few Brentano stallion sons. I've heard he throws offspring on the smaller side, but always very rideable. Not always spectacular foals, which again its some people off, but really loose movers with super uphill canters and the ridability seems to be a key theme.

Offsrping that have done well have been from dams by Wendekreis x Gotthard, Cordoba x Westwall, De Niro x Larinero, Rubinstein x Don Primero just to give you an idea.
Needs mare with good quick and strong hind leg

lynwood

Visit site
I havent seen him yet and think I might have to book a visit. Its wierd there is usually so much info on a boy this age from people who have seen him and his foals. Its like he just hasnt made it over here in any significant way/

Volatis that is exactly the bits and bobs I had heard about him and he definetly looks a free loose mover which I love but I am really struggeling to really see what mare he suits and what lines he works really well with, have you got any more info under your hat!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Finally dug out my notes from the Seifert/Tannenhof/Ahlers stallion show in February (bare in mind I was just out of hospital so didnt make as detailed notes as I would normally)

I noted - harmonious stamp, not overly heavy set or leggy. Neat little head, impressive resume through YH classes. walk could have a little more purpose. Very interesting horse

lynwood

Visit site
You star that gives me something to do my homework on. I think he is a must have to see , mainly because of the stock etc that are coming through. I chose not to use him a couple of years ago when he was at Famos as I wasn't decided if he was a flash in a pan fashion thing or really nice, I like his elasticity

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
He was probably my favourite dressage stallion of that stallion show, but I did see a few of my old favourites on that trip so recorded him in my memory as very nice but he didnt make it on the short list of the mares I was looking for. I egt the feeling he is growing and growing in popularity which is lovely for the B line, after all those black SH clones appearing left right and center

lynwood

Visit site
I think he will be very useful to add to some pedigrees am really interested for next season. Could you let me know if you see anymore foals on your travels Im just not 100% on what type of mare he will suit. Hes one of those stallions I like but dont know how to use if that makes sense. Maybe I will wait and see more info on Papes new stallion they are standing Barclay to get some inspiration!!

Hollycat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not used him myself but i think he is geting more and more popular 'dispite' being chestnut. In fact i think he is now regarded as the saviour of the B line, as very few Brentano stallion sons. I've heard he throws offspring on the smaller side, but always very rideable. Not always spectacular foals, which again its some people off, but really loose movers with super uphill canters and the ridability seems to be a key theme.

Offsrping that have done well have been from dams by Wendekreis x Gotthard, Cordoba x Westwall, De Niro x Larinero, Rubinstein x Don Primero just to give you an idea.
Needs mare with good quick and strong hind leg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Volatis. My filly DOES have a very quick, strong hind leg as her damline is more jumping than dressage. For me as an amateur I would prefer good rideability though I am pretty porky of late so need something that isn't too small. I have to admit when I first saw him I didn't like his colour, but I've pursuaded myself to see past that.
shocked.gif

Judie

Visit site
Bit late with this reply but we have one of Belissimo M's offspring, he is 4yro, jumps like a stag, has a GREAT walk, BIG canter and lovely active trot, fantastic nature and a pleasure to have around. He is bay and is out of a show jumping mare so the mix of dressage / sj will mean he will do either role. He was bought for dressage but has started out jumping as I think it is really good for youngsters, and he needed a less technical start to allow him to express himself!!