Belton - Spider's first Intermediate

sw123

Visit site
Haven't posted any reports this year so far but have had complaints (which is very nice to know people enjoy reading them and notice a lack of them - thank you!)

So far this season Spider, our home bred Mill Law now 7 year old - where has time gone?! has just done 2 open novice runs at Oasby and Lincoln being placed both times. Belton was his big start to the season really doing the 7/8 year old futurity Intermediate which runs as an OI class.

He was number 1 to go at 9am Friday morning and produced a really smart test. He loves being at events and gets a bit keen and rather hot to ride but in the long arena and with more to think about he produced some great work and got 29.1 !!

Emilie who rides him had 2 others in that class too so did 2 other tests on Friday morning gaining 29.1 again and 30.5 good enough for the joint lead and then 4th place with Nick Gauntlett also in the joint lead and just a 30.0 in between..... She also had two novices running on Friday so a busy day but very rewarding as both did great dressages and double clears to finish 1st and 2nd! Champagne flowed well on Friday afternoon....

Saturday started even earlier - 8am for Spider's jumping. The course never looks huge at Belton SJ wise but the ground is uneven so makes up for it. Spider looped the loop warming up really trying and went in and jumped a fantastic clear round. He has jumped some foxhunters now so is used to bigger tracks but I thought he'd get a shock that he had to try harder over all the fences - I was wrong!

Emilie's other two also went clear and all held their places!!!

Onto the XC Em took the other two first as they were more experienced and meant she could ride all the lines on them before Spider. The first, Beeswing went clear inside the time to take the lead and at this point she could only be beaten by Em's other two rides!! Douglas the 2nd ride also went clear inside the time finishing on his 29.1 dressage and 2 seconds inside the time......So Spider's turn - I am terrible at watching get very nervous and just said to Em have a nice ride don't worry about time etc. Well he LOVED it! Cruised round and didnt feel green at all coming home clear inside the time too. The best bit being - he was bang on the optimum time - 2 seconds slower than Douglas meaning that he won!!!! Winning his first intermediate = completely amazing, clever Spider and even more clever Emilie - 5 horses in a weekend, 5 double clears, 1st and 2nd in teh novices and then 1st, 2nd and 3rd all in one class!!

And here he is!!

Spider_Linc_111.jpg

Last edited:

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Wow, Wow and Wow, well done that is absolutely amazing and she rides him beautifully!! What a truly exciting start to the season and long may it continue! I love Mill Law off springs and a big fan of Emilie too! Nice to see her having a cracking start with Lincoln and now Belton, 2 great local events :)

deskbound

Visit site
Wow - I saw she had a good weekend, and what a result in the Futurity OI!! Congrats on your super horse, and being part of a super team - hope the rest of the season goes as well :D

Gamebird

Visit site
Spider looked fab jumping round - though I'm pleased you didn't see Zara walking out in front of him at the big oxer :eek:! You'd have passed out I think.

Obviously I've got a vested interest ;) but I really love him and his attitude and he must be one of the most exciting 7yos in the country at the moment :D

SpottedCat

Visit site
Amazing result, well done, Spider looks a million dollars, really very smart. What an exciting prospect for you - do you and Emilie have your eye on Le Lion?!

sw123

Visit site
Thank you all - BE 7 year old champs, we'll see about Le Lion, their selection process and how you get on out there isnt all its cracked up to be so we'll see (and not break our necks getting there!!) One step at a time tho, Houghton * first :)

Rosiefan

Visit site
You must be so proud, I bet you're still grinning from ear to ear (I would be). How amazing and huge great well done to all of you - specially Spider. :)

alwaysbroke

Visit site
What a fantastic result for Spider, he looks very special in that pic. What a weekend for Emilie, congratulations all round.

Ginn

Visit site
Abolutely fantastic result, you must be so incredibly proud of him and excited about his future - definitely sounds like one to watch!!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What an exciting horse. Emilie has some very exciting horses which is great to see.