Bespoke dressage jackets?

katiejaye

Visit site
I have a nice enough Pikeur dressage jacket that I compete in, however, I have never yet found one that really fits me. I have an impossibly small back and non-existant shoulders and while the jackets in the smallest sizes fit me around the waste they are always baggy on the shoulders, back and arms and I don't think it looks 100% smart. So my question is does anyone know of anywhere that does bespoke ones? I am looking to find something that actually fits and flatters me so I can look super-smart in the dressage arena
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Could a tailor not sort out this for you? I am so fussy that I get a lady who does alterations to do all my dresses and trousers. Even my ball gown has been altered to get it perfect. It might be worth discussing?

katiejaye

Visit site
I thought about that but I would need so much alteration that it may just make more sense for me to get one made. I also got a little christmas bonus and thought I could splash out on a fancy jacket!

kick_On

Visit site
ditto above, you can normally find people like this at dry cleaners.
Can i ask how can you have horses and not big shoulders/back ????
The problem i have with stuff is that they don't allow for shoulders and backs and then you get the correct size and then they they think your huge barrel..... which i'm not and go in at right places

katiejaye

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can i ask how can you have horses and not big shoulders/back ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the way I am built, my body shape is very narrow, I just have very narrow shoulds and back...jus the way the big guy made me
grin.gif
My actual muscles etc are amply formed, just have ickle bones
crazy.gif
Believe me I wish I wasn't so slight as it makes finding clothes that fit and bras that stay on my shoulders a nightmare
blush.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I have the same problem.
I found a tailor in northampton that will make me a jacket including the velevt collar, braiding etc so problem solved. Aparently he does them quite often.

Very reasonably priced i though at £280 - £300 depending on material. Better than £180 on a jacket that looks like it was made for my bigger brother.