Best 2-Wheeled Wheelbarrow?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I'm after wise words and recommendations folks.

Need to clear a deep-littered shelter and I think I'd like a 2-wheeled beastie.

I have the mighty D to push it so full weight isn't an issue per se, but stability and all round workability is a must. Oh, and if it comes in a pretty colour even better ?

I have some rather nice shortbread by way of thanks.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Ive no idea but will be following this with interest. I keep debating whether a 2 wheeler would be better than my single wheeler for pushing water containers across the field? Ground is reasonably flat but water is such an unstable load the barrow really wobbles. 2 wheelers always seem to need a small mortgage though so want to make a good choice :)

tiggipop

Visit site
i swear by mullers smart carts! they are a tad expensive but 2 of my 3 are at least 12 years old... and the frame is sectional so if a clumsy delivery driver backs into one they can be repaired.... they hold loads and are easy to push / move about

Smart Carts™ - Smart Carts UK

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
i swear by mullers smart carts! they are a tad expensive but 2 of my 3 are at least 12 years old... and the frame is sectional so if a clumsy delivery driver backs into one they can be repaired.... they hold loads and are easy to push / move about

Smart Carts™ - Smart Carts UK

Ooh. Now they look interesting < gulps quietly at the price, but have a small retirement livery yard so anything that make poop moving easier... >

Which wheels would be the question?

tiggipop

Visit site
Ooh. Now they look interesting < gulps quietly at the price, but have a small retirement livery yard so anything that make poop moving easier... >

Which wheels would be the question?
The fatty ones ! I have 2 diff tyre types and 100% recommend the heavy-duty flatter bottomed ones! Am "playing ponies" at mo but will take pics and update later when I have better internet..

Just had a think & the 2 older carts were purchased 2006 and still going strong!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had a JFC for years, it was excellent and apart from new tyres it still works. Only stopped using it because now it won't go up the (new) ramp to the trailer.

I have the one poiuytrewq linked to, above^^^ and it is OK too, but doesn't hold as much. It isn't as stable either, but it is a lot cheaper and does the job.

paddy555

Visit site
if you want one now it may be a case of what is available. I tried to buy a new 2 wheelbarrow in May. Earliest delivery was June/July and that just kept being pushed forward. In the end I could not buy a 2 wheel 120L barrow in the whole of the UK . I see from the link in post 7 they are talking about Aug but some of these dates are not definite.

In the end I thought I would buy the most expensive one there was as there will be less people buying them. That plan failed. They too were out of stock. We were unable to get one so OH ended up welding our current on to repair it and I bought new tyres. We went for puncture proof tyres. Not as nice to push but saves a lot of time when they puncture. (which is often)