Best Advice You Have Had (or Advice that you remember the most!)

Skib

sites.google.com
I like what you were told OP.
The best bit of advice I had as an older, unequal and not very competent beginner is a matter of controversy, but has been my secret safety net.

When going round a circle or corner, picture the centre of the circle and keep your shoulders and hips aligned with the line (radius) to that centre point. If a teacher is lunging you, he or she should see you sideways on and not be able to see your outside shoulder at all.
This advice has classical credentials - but it kept me secure in the saddle at novicey moments I might have fallen, canter round bends out hacking or trotting bareback or being run away with in the school. So easy to forget these magical bits of advice and good to be reminded. Thank you.

PolarSkye

Visit site
So many things . . .

Keep feed simple and feed according to breed/type and the amount and type of work - too many horses are overfed and underworked.

Listen to your horse rather than the myriad of fellow liveries - and if you need advice, get it from a trusted professional.

P

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have lots but here's one practise makes permanent not perfect ,you have to always be doing things the right way to improve.

sally2008

Visit site
"Any fool can bully a horse into doing what they want. It takes a great rider to make a horse want to you what you want"

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"

"There's no such thing as a horse who is dead to the leg, just riders who allow themselves to become background noise"

So, so many, I must bore my pupils to death with them all!