best buckets for horses who tip the darned things over....

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
I just keep a strip of floor bare at the door of each stable and put buckets there. If they tip them out, they can eat from the floor, no problem :)

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Screw a wall bucket clip clip onto the wall then clip a trug or the wall hanging bucket to it.

Or as Kitteninthetree said, let her tip it over and leaver her to it - Nugz will do this if allowed, apparently it tastes better.....

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
the 3 yo is driving me mad tipping her bucket over....
I currently use a black rubber skip buried into her bed but its not very effective!
she usually paws it over.

this is what I use for my horse I put bricks in the base of it to stop it being towed around and attach the handle to a bit of bailing twine with a quick release metal clip on it which goes through the bars of my stable.
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/keter-easy-go-wheelbarrow---55l-327454
http://www.naylors.com/tubtrugs-fle...utm_term=1101500194373&utm_content=All Brands
all you do is put one of those tub trugs inside it and fill with water.

DW Team

Visit site
My three youngsters were just the same flooded floors and beds most mornings. I had builders in doing some work at home and he had some left over concrete. So I placed some plastic in the bottom of each trug bucket and then he poured in the concrete making a reasonable slab at the bottom of each. Letting it dry over night and tipped out removed the plastic. Gave me a perfect disc at the bottom of each bucket. Solved the water tipping. Having removable discs made it easier to clean the buckets when needed.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Door manger? For water, wall mounted bucket holders, as Cortez says.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
No, they were invented to provide equines with a suitable arse scratching point.

Or is that just mine?

Not just you...mine found them so convenient that they knocked them off the wall.

OP...if you feed forage from the floor, just tip the feed on top of it.

HBB

Visit site
No, they were invented to provide equines with a suitable arse scratching point.

Or is that just mine?

Nope, not just your's, my lot used them for poop trays and arse scratching posts.

I just use shallow, rounded edge brackets, attached to the wall and hang plastic portable mangers on them. Mangers are removed once ponies are finished.

Last edited: