Best/Cheapest place to buy bandaging supplies?

angel7

Visit site
Prices seem to vary a lot when googling these items. I take it you are bandaging a nasty injury?

Ebay good for some aswell as online pharmacies. Often just as useful to buy a large box of each as you will probably require more than you think.

Remember these are the brand names of certain types of bandages- there are several makers of similar bandages just with different names for them.

You are basically looking for a non adherent perforated film dressing ( depends on the wound which is best), a wool padding type bandage (a standard cotton wool roll from boots can be an excellent substitute if lots required for a period), basic crepe bandages and elastic self adhesive bandages. Using these descriptions to search may help you find cheaper alternatives.
Do consider using a silicon contact dressing for easy removal if adhesion to wound is a problem, or a foam dressing if exudate more of an issue. A silver dressing may help if it is dirty/ pus/ pouring ect.

Erin

Visit site
Thanks, that's very useful :) Its for bandaging post surgery, so the wound is the incision with stitches. Vets very kindly gave me a list of what I'd need as have run out of insurance money!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Look in places like home bargains, pound shops, Wilkinsons etc. Not saying you'll find all of them there but I've had a lot v cheap from them.