Best colours on a Skewbald?

Stenners

Visit site
I'm wondering what colours you'd suggest for a Skewbald. He's got a fair bit of 'bay' rather than orange! but really evenly marked! He needs some new bits (I've just taken him on loan) and I like things matching!!!

Ellietotz

Visit site
My favourites on mine is purple or black but others that look good are mustard yellow, lavender, mint, dark green, red, white and burgundy. Most other blues look good too.

D

Deleted member 150717

Oh and also grey is loverly in a skewbald especially in a matching set!! The head colour in grey looks nice tho.27B6F6B0-5D5C-45E5-B8AC-F188EBC29310.jpeg

only_me

Visit site
Deep green!

image_zpsu3bsip0e.jpeg

Tash88

Visit site
I have a skewbald the same colour, he is beautiful but I may be biased! This is great for inspiration, I've recently bought a GP saddle after years of dressage saddles and so I need some new saddlecloths!

Rather than bright colours, I really like darker colours and 'muted' tones. He has a Le Mieux champagne headcollar and I've recently bought a Le Mieux saddlecloth in their sage green colour, that looks lovely.

Just my opinion, but I think anything too bright clashes with his markings, and I don't like red/pink on him either. My dark bay, however, looks stunning in Le Mieux raspberry!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Download the “dress my horse” app. You can upload a photo of your pony and then “try products on” it! Perfect for picking colours!

Odyssey

Visit site
Burgundy looks very smart on most colours, including skewbald/bay. I see you don't like green - hunter green would be one of my first choices. I also really like teal, turquoise and blue based purple. Royal blue looks great on a dark bay.

D

Deleted member 150717

I have a skewbald the same colour, he is beautiful but I may be biased! This is great for inspiration, I've recently bought a GP saddle after years of dressage saddles and so I need some new saddlecloths!

Rather than bright colours, I really like darker colours and 'muted' tones. He has a Le Mieux champagne headcollar and I've recently bought a Le Mieux saddlecloth in their sage green colour, that looks lovely.

Just my opinion, but I think anything too bright clashes with his markings, and I don't like red/pink on him either. My dark bay, however, looks stunning in Le Mieux raspberry!
The Lemieux musk is nice.[

Charley657

Visit site
I'm wondering what colours you'd suggest for a Skewbald. He's got a fair bit of 'bay' rather than orange! but really evenly marked! He needs some new bits (I've just taken him on loan) and I like things matching!!!

Perhaps no one has explained the rules to you but it is mandatory to post a picture of said horse so we can all admire - this isn't just because I am partial to a skewbald, its the rules. :)

Stenners

Visit site
Perhaps no one has explained the rules to you but it is mandatory to post a picture of said horse so we can all admire - this isn't just because I am partial to a skewbald, its the rules. :)
I have tried to upload one but it tells me the image is too big and I’ve tried a few!

Regandal

Visit site
I have tried to upload one but it tells me the image is too big and I’ve tried a few!
If you’re on an iPhone, when you choose the pic you want to upload, it is displayed on your phone. In the bottom right hand corner, it will state ‘actual size’. If you tap that, you can choose different sizes, I have used medium and it’s uploaded fine. You then tap on ‘done’ and it should upload. Clear as mud! ?

Stenners

Visit site
If you’re on an iPhone, when you choose the pic you want to upload, it is displayed on your phone. In the bottom right hand corner, it will state ‘actual size’. If you tap that, you can choose different sizes, I have used medium and it’s uploaded fine. You then tap on ‘done’ and it should upload. Clear as mud! ?
Done!! Here he is!

Attachments

• 7E539417-4FC9-4F19-840C-E082E7121E0C.jpeg
    7E539417-4FC9-4F19-840C-E082E7121E0C.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 5