Best comment EVER from a judge!

miss_c

Visit site
Just wanted to share as I am over the moon. Took Genie to Team Quest at Allen's Hill yesterday - a hell of a trek but the team needed the outing. She posted 76.4% (winner was on an insane 80%!) which was particularly impressive as I am rather ill at the moment - if she'd done anything I would have fallen off and my whole team were waiting for me to faint.

Anyhow, the team packed me off to my lorry to have a nap and collected my sheet for me. When they came back they were all grinning as they had read my sheet... The judge had written in the comments at the end:

"What a super, super horse - so well ridden - I could watch you both for ever"

I could have cried...

What fabulous comments have you had from judges? :D

Ellie2893

Visit site
Just wanted to share as I am over the moon. Took Genie to Team Quest at Allen's Hill yesterday - a hell of a trek but the team needed the outing. She posted 76.4% (winner was on an insane 80%!) which was particularly impressive as I am rather ill at the moment - if she'd done anything I would have fallen off and my whole team were waiting for me to faint.

Anyhow, the team packed me off to my lorry to have a nap and collected my sheet for me. When they came back they were all grinning as they had read my sheet... The judge had written in the comments at the end:

"What a super, super horse - so well ridden - I could watch you both for ever"

I could have cried...

What fabulous comments have you had from judges? :D

What a lovely comment! Well done on the score :) x

NZJenny

Visit site
I would have cried too !

"Nice combintion, who with the right training will do well".

We're still a WiP, but so much of what is written on dressage tests is negative, you remember the positive ones.

kassieg

Visit site
thats fantastic !! :)

my last event the judge called me over & I was thinking oh hell what did I do wrong. & instead she she "that was a beautiful test, she is a lovely mare how old is she ? I said 5 & explained I had broken her & produced her myself & she said that I had done everything right & it was lovely to see people producing horses correctly" - will never forget this comment, made my day :)

Twiglet

Visit site
Lovely comment - I'm another who would have cried.

I took Buzz out for his first competition since being back in work a couple of weeks ago - the comment was 'lovely partnership, you work well together'....which I thought was lovely given the rubbish year we've had.

miss_c

Visit site
"Nice combintion, who with the right training will do well".

We're still a WiP, but so much of what is written on dressage tests is negative, you remember the positive ones.

Definitely! I think some judges forget to comment on the positives as well as giving criticism.

my last event the judge called me over & I was thinking oh hell what did I do wrong. & instead she she "that was a beautiful test, she is a lovely mare how old is she ? I said 5 & explained I had broken her & produced her myself & she said that I had done everything right & it was lovely to see people producing horses correctly" - will never forget this comment, made my day :)

I've had that! You think 'eek! What's wrong?!' and then they take you by surprise. :D

I took Buzz out for his first competition since being back in work a couple of weeks ago - the comment was 'lovely partnership, you work well together'....which I thought was lovely given the rubbish year we've had.

You and Buzz are phenomenal and that is thoroughly well deserved. xxx

oldie48

Visit site
Also at Allens Hill, I did a novice test on my now retired TB, he was 23 at the time and had come off the lorry a bit stiff. when I finished the test the judge called me over and I thought she was going to say that he wasn't quite right (although he felt fine once we had worked in). she asked me how old he was (veteran class) and then said what a credit he was to me, that he worked correctly and looked fantastic for his age. We won the class with a 70+ score and were second in the non veteran section to a professional rider. I had a smile on my face for a week!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh what a wonderful comment - and a real testament to your hard work and dedication - very well done.

Z's best comment (not on Kali) came after the horse she was riding (her ex-racer Codge) had jumped the bonnet of the judge's car (yes, really) mid test. Judge wrote in the collectives: "what a jolly test, lovely to see a horse enjoying himself so much, perhaps you should stick to jumping . . . :)".

P

Walrus

Visit site
What a lovely comment. We did 2 dressage classes at Equifest last week and the judge was lovely, he was around when I went back to collect my sheet and made a point of shaking the competitors hands and discussing the tests with them whilst we were all getting our sheets. After our test on the second day the lady who was writing came over and was asking about my pony, then said she also had a fell and watching mine had inspired her to give dressage a go with hers which I thought was a really lovely thing to say!

humblepie

Visit site
Not dressage but years ago unaffiliated jumping my then horse the judge came and found us afterwards - we won the last open class - to say she had never seen a horse go so fast against the clock - was an ex racehorse !

Lovely comments to OP.