Best cooler for travelling

Leg_end

Visit site
I'm looking for recommendations for a cooler for my horse to wear whilst travelling.

He is a funny one as he's a stubborn loader and tries his best to turn the lorry into his own personal sauna when he's first in but travels v quietly and gets cool with all the windows open but then has a tendency to get a bit sweaty (just by stifles - were not talking dripping wet) on the twisty turny roads at the end. If it was just a short journey I would leave him unrugged but as we have got a few longer journeys planned I want to invest in something that will wick the sweat away from the start of the journey and keep him comfortably warm in the duration.

I've had a look at the bucas power cooler, premier equine nanobon and their premtex but also wondered about the thinner thermatex. Has anyone used these with any success?

scheherazade

Visit site
I swear by Thermatex, I have one still going strong after 10 years and I love it. they do come up big though so you'll probably need to get the next size down

WelshD

Visit site
I have the thinner Thermatex ( the wicking one not the sheet) and think it's a great rug

These have a binding that runs down the spine so they don't stretch like the original heavier one so they should be true to size

Attie

Visit site
I have the bucas shamrock power for mine. They are excellent rugs and dry even the wettest horse so fast- so I'm always happy to put mine back in the lorry with these on and know they'll be dry and warm. The sizes are small though- I have other Bucas rugs and go up a size for these!

McW

Visit site
Comfort zone fleece are good in the cooler weather. I also like the weatherbeeta thermocell, like their mated only cheaper!