Best drying rug?

Ceifer

Looking For recommendations for the best drying rugs after washing off.
Currently if she gets sweaty I have to wash her thoroughly- (can’t get away with sponging as she gets sweat rash.) then have an imitation thermatex which works quite well but I still then have to swap with a couple of cheap waffle rugs (one after the other) once the thermatex style one has drawn the damp to the outside.
Currently she has a very high blanket clip. Needed a clip that covered her quarters as she won’t wear an exercise sheet if cold.
Even her clipped bits seem to take an eternity to dry. The yard has a solarium but she gets too hot under it.
Id love to try a dri rug but at £219.00 it’s a bit expensive.

Cortez

I have a fancy pants one that has bamboo in it, can't remember the name but it works really well - the moisture condenses on the outside (like the thermatex) but it (and horse) is entirely dry underneath. I thought it was expensive at around £100....

dogatemysalad

Depending on the time of year, I like thermatex, mine is around 20 years old and still going strong, or the Bucas cooler for summer days.

alibali

Second hand thermatex off preloved or ebay. Makes them affordable :) Just remember to buy a size smaller then normal as they seem to be huuuuuge!

DirectorFury

I agree with Splash30 - the Decathlon one is really good and only ~£20. My only complaint is that they don't have surcingles so you can't leave the horse in the rug unsupervised.

I agree with Splash30 - the Decathlon one is really good and only ~£20. My only complaint is that they don't have surcingles so you can't leave the horse in the rug unsupervised.
They do have one that does have a belly one but not as good as the other cheaper one but smarter looking, I got a local rug repair place to put a belly one on for a few quid.

EKW

I have a rug made out of towel material. It came from the Thermatex sale, it was a prototype that that they never continued with. Haven't used it yet!

Shay

I've got one the decathlon ones too - you can use a loose surcingle if you want to leave for short periods - but I wouldn't leave like that overnight.