Best drying rug?

Ceifer

Visit site
Looking For recommendations for the best drying rugs after washing off.
Currently if she gets sweaty I have to wash her thoroughly- (can’t get away with sponging as she gets sweat rash.) then have an imitation thermatex which works quite well but I still then have to swap with a couple of cheap waffle rugs (one after the other) once the thermatex style one has drawn the damp to the outside.
Currently she has a very high blanket clip. Needed a clip that covered her quarters as she won’t wear an exercise sheet if cold.
Even her clipped bits seem to take an eternity to dry. The yard has a solarium but she gets too hot under it.
Id love to try a dri rug but at £219.00 it’s a bit expensive.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I have a fancy pants one that has bamboo in it, can't remember the name but it works really well - the moisture condenses on the outside (like the thermatex) but it (and horse) is entirely dry underneath. I thought it was expensive at around £100....

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Depending on the time of year, I like thermatex, mine is around 20 years old and still going strong, or the Bucas cooler for summer days.

alibali

Visit site
Second hand thermatex off preloved or ebay. Makes them affordable :) Just remember to buy a size smaller then normal as they seem to be huuuuuge!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I agree with Splash30 - the Decathlon one is really good and only ~£20. My only complaint is that they don't have surcingles so you can't leave the horse in the rug unsupervised.

splash30

Visit site
I agree with Splash30 - the Decathlon one is really good and only ~£20. My only complaint is that they don't have surcingles so you can't leave the horse in the rug unsupervised.

They do have one that does have a belly one but not as good as the other cheaper one but smarter looking, I got a local rug repair place to put a belly one on for a few quid.

Shay

Visit site
I've got one the decathlon ones too - you can use a loose surcingle if you want to leave for short periods - but I wouldn't leave like that overnight.