Best fork for wood pellet bed???

BuzzyBea

Visit site
Our horses came in for the first time last night (winter is coming :() to find their new pellet beds that we have decided to try for the first time.

Mucking out was easy enough this morning but we would like a better fork than our old shavings fork. One that will pick up the smaller bits of poo.

Can anyone recommend one please?

galaxy

Visit site
Aquamax fine time fork. Mine arrived last week and this brilliant! Super easy to use, filter out the tiniest pieces of poo. My bed looks much better already

9tails

Visit site
I have both a Fynalite shavings fork and an Aquamax fork. When freshly laid and the pellets haven't completely turned to sawdust I use the shavings fork otherwise I spend my time picking pellets out of the Aquamax tines. Once they're cooked properly, I use the Aquamax fork. If there are little bits of poo I have a garden riddle, this gets rid of all bits and strands of hay.

9tails

Visit site
I find it really tidies up the bed with little effort. The other bit of kit I swear by is a leaf rake, the retractable metal tines one. You can get them cheap in places like home bargains. This will pull all the hay into a pile, you plonk that into the riddle and give it a shake.

Myloubylou

Visit site
You need a speed skip! Has a little rake which is quite springy so easy to rake through the surface of bed and flick in little bits into the skip. I only use a fork for the weekly full muck out