Best grazing muzzle?

Solo1

Visit site
Mare's going out to summer grazing soon and although will be strip grazed it's quite lush.

Really don't want more weight going on her so she'll be out at day strip grazed and in at night.

I was thinking a muzzle would be a good idea for the first few weeks whilst it's really long - she'll be out by herself (her field mate will be on the rest of the field to eat that down) so no worries about grooming atm. I feel cruel but tbh really don't want her getting laminitis!

So what's peoples opinions on the best muzzles? She's an awkward size between pony and cob - more cob but some cob stuff is too big. Ahhh! Also would like one that has minimum rubbing and with possible safety features as although field is pretty safe I think she's going to rub at it. Not too expensive though please :)

Thank you so much!

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Try a Roma one first, its the webbing type and is a bit softer than the Shires ones. They are cheap (about £12-15), and altho they dont last as long as the Shires ones, they are def softer and less rubb-y.

Opticalillusion

Visit site
Dinky Muzzles are fantastic. They're the only ones that don't rub my pony, and are super-comfy and padded. As far as I know they do them in all sizes too :) and they're quite cheap compared to others.