best (human) energy drinks for long show days?

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
I've got a few long show days coming up, one of which for various reasons looks particularly brutal (and much harder work for me than the horse!). Any recommendations please for pre/post riding energy-type drinks that don't need to be chilled and will give me a boost without caffeine jitters or a massive slump an hour later?

Burnttoast

Visit site
You could try a carb-based energy drink like SiS Go Energy. Comes as a powder and you make up as much as you need. I've never found one that tastes great but they really work if you're working hard or at risk of dehydration.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I'd definitely avoid the so-called energy drinks - as you say caffeine jitters and energy slumps. I;d have thought water and stuff like bananas, seeds, nuts.
Like the soup suggestion.
You've made me hungry :-( !

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Don't take tomato soup though or if you are anything like me you'll spill it on your jods just before you are due in the ring.

MileAMinute

Visit site
If you like bananas they are brilliant for slow release energy. A good idea (and one I'm going to try) is to buy those little pots of porridge and take some hot water (or ask the butty van) to mix them with.

I'm awful and cannot eat on show days and instead drown myself in full sugar coke to keep me functioning so am trying various things this year as I've got so many shows and outings and can't go every weekend without eating!

montanna

Visit site
Definitely water in the build up, I always crave an ice cold can of full fat coke after though so I always keep a case in the lorry!

DiNozzo

Visit site
Whatever you like drinking! I drink sparkling flavoured water and have a snack of fruit! Blueberries are my favourite, or apples but then the horse steals them :(