Best indoor venue for hire near Southampton/Portsmouth

HKJ

Visit site
Hi all,

I'd like to pick your brains for the best Equestrian Venue in the south!
Not Croften or Quob as I am aware of both those venues :)
I am looking for somewhere that will hire out for a private 'gig' with spectator seating, good car parking, decent riding surface and lighting and both show jumps and indoor XC fences (though the XC not so important, as I can bring some).

If no venue can be found locally, please also suggest venues anywhere in the UK!

Thanks in advance!

LeannePip

Visit site
Fairly sure you can hire the indoor at Merrist Wood (Guildford way)

didn't think they had any spectator seating in the indoor? although I'm sure you can put seats in

Sparsholt may hire their indoor out, but again little to no seating - but they do have show jumps and arena xc fences.

HKJ

Visit site
Thanks guys. I will make enquiries. I know Medstead Grange used to have seating along one side and that it is private now, so I was looking for other possible venues that are not public, but private or not so well known. Such a shame that it was sold on and that HMS Dryad no longer exists.

ihatework

Visit site
Thanks guys. I will make enquiries. I know Medstead Grange used to have seating along one side and that it is private now, so I was looking for other possible venues that are not public, but private or not so well known. Such a shame that it was sold on and that HMS Dryad no longer exists.

Depending on what you want it for, it may be worth approaching the people who purchased Hoplands. There was some seating down the long side of the indoor there.