best jump saddle for 14.2 cob x

Ali27

Visit site
I have a saddle company gp but pony goes disunited on right rein when jumping. She has had full lameness work up, Sacroiliac injected with steroids and hind gut ulcers treated. However she is still disuniting on right rein when jumping. She is however fine on lunge jumping so I'm looking at getting a new saddle. I don't have a huge budget - probably around £600 tops. I have a saddler coming out next week and she has second hand harry dabbs, gfs and pessoa jumping saddles for me to try. She also does new silhouette, saddle company, thorrowgood saddles. I jump her up to 1m so nothing too major. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

be positive

Visit site
You really need to be able to try each saddle properly so the second hand ones will be the best for that, my saddler will leave second hand ones on approval for a week or two, if he knows you, which will enable you to really get a feel for the most suitable, at a guess any of those mentioned will be an improvement on the one you are currently using, GPs are not great for jumping, 1 metre courses are not that tiny for a 14.2 cob so you may find having a good jumping saddle really helps.

Ali27

Visit site
You really need to be able to try each saddle properly so the second hand ones will be the best for that, my saddler will leave second hand ones on approval for a week or two, if he knows you, which will enable you to really get a feel for the most suitable, at a guess any of those mentioned will be an improvement on the one you are currently using, GPs are not great for jumping, 1 metre courses are not that tiny for a 14.2 cob so you may find having a good jumping saddle really helps.
Haha! Pony is Irish cob on passport but looks more like a welsh d so not too chunky. I'm really looking forward to trying the second hand jumping saddles out and they range between £300 to £600 so in my budget. I must admit I'm more tempted with a decent second hand saddle rather than a cheaper new saddle. Pony loves her jumping too so I want to make sure that she is one hundred percent comfortable. We have a hunter trials on May 10th so need to get saddle sorted before then.

Newlands

Visit site
Obviously as you know it will depend on what fits and what you like but I have recently just bought a second hand cc Pessoa for my youngster and I love it and find it so comfortable.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
it would depend on the shape of the cob, how much wither etc, but overall I'd say go for second hand, and don't rule out a flatter seated GP, I sell one model in particular that does everything from lower level showing, upper level workers right through to XC. The flat seat makes it easier to jump in for most people.

coloredred

Visit site
I've got a monoflap silhouette on my cob x. He seems really happy and it's the first one I've found that doesn't get pushed around by his shoulders.

jm2k

Visit site
I have a saddle company gp but pony goes disunited on right rein when jumping. She has had full lameness work up, Sacroiliac injected with steroids and hind gut ulcers treated. However she is still disuniting on right rein when jumping. She is however fine on lunge jumping so I'm looking at getting a new saddle. I don't have a huge budget - probably around £600 tops. I have a saddler coming out next week and she has second hand harry dabbs, gfs and pessoa jumping saddles for me to try. She also does new silhouette, saddle company, thorrowgood saddles. I jump her up to 1m so nothing too major. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

how did you get on?
i need your saddler!!! sounds great to carry so much stock to try.

jm2k

Visit site
Pessoas - can you guys tell me what models you have and what shape your horse is?
currently considering one now but never seen one.