Best lameness vets in south east

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Sadly my Beautifull Rosie is completely crippled behind this week :-( she just seems to have been on a downward spiral ever since she fell over backwards in the field two months ago.
Not sure where to take her for a full work up and scans etc. Use to use Newmarket vets but don't want to travel all that way this time as she 's a bad traveller.
Who do people recommend in the south east? Not lip hook .
There is O'Gormans, Lambourne, Willesley may be the best bet as they are very positive ?

TheoryX1

Visit site
Oh god, hope its resolved and sorted swiftly. Not South East, but South West, but Bushey Equine's Breadstone clinic is state of the art, with MRI analysis etc - Olly there did a fab job with our horse. I know its a fair way away, but they are about the best I have heard of.

Hope it all gets sorted out and there is a positive outcome. All fingers and toes crossed for you.

Auslander

Visit site
I use Janette Palliser, who is based near Alton, and sees patients at Herriard Park if they need to come to her. She's absolutely brilliant - got all Alf sussed straight away and has treated the issues he has without suggesting anything he doesn't need. She has her own mobile x-ray, scan and shockwave machines (that I have seen - she may well have more tricks up her sleeve!), so no referrals for that sort of thing, and she's great at involving the owner throughout the process of assessment and treatment. Highly recommended.

jumpsforfun

Visit site
Another vote for House & Jackson and while Eric is fab, I would really recommend Luisa Smith from the practice - brilliantly intuitive & a genius at spotting even the most minute lameness, can't recommend her highly enough

npage123

Visit site
I was privileged enough to have EMMANUEL ENGELI for my horse's lameness diagnosis (and successful treatment and rehabilitation) on two different occasions (for two separate, unrelated tendon injuries).

He is a genius!!
notworthy.gif

Out of all the vets that I've used over the years, he's the most thorough in everything he does.

I first met him a few years ago when he used to work at Bell Equine, Mereworth, Kent. He unfortunately left Bell Equine to work as Head of Equine in University of Cambridge. However - he has recently returned to the South East area and is presently at the Lady Dane Veterinary Centre/Clifford George Partnership.

http://www.ladydanevets.com/overview.shtml

wee.gif

Now that I know this, I'll travel across the country to take my horse to him if it becomes necessary in future!

popsdosh

Visit site
Has a vet looked at the horse yet as from experience the most likely injury after falling backwards is a fractured pelvis sometimes you dont even notice it until lunged on a circle when they become hopping lame.
A good vet would diagnose this without the need for any scans or X rays.The outcome is usually very good with time off work and not as bad as it sounds.
I only say this as what I am saying is dont go rushing looking for referals before a Vet has looked.

Nicnac

Visit site
I was privileged enough to have EMMANUEL ENGELI for my horse's lameness diagnosis (and successful treatment and rehabilitation) on two different occasions (for two separate, unrelated tendon injuries).

He is a genius!!

Thank you for letting me know that Emmanuel is back in town! He operated on my ex-racers fetlock about 6 years ago at Bel Equine and is totally amazing. Horse hasn't had a day lame since.

Highly recommend!