Best mask in terms of eye clearance for Welsh Sec A?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
We have around a million fly mask brands here due to having an Appy prone to uveitis, but I can't seen to find one which satisfies me in terms of fit for our Welsh Sec A loan pony with weepy eyes. He has the typical little Welsh head with bulgy little eyes (sounds awful, he's very cute, but you know what I mean!). Big eyelashes too.

We have a Premier Equine Buster, an Equilibrium and one of the Rambo beekeeper style ones - the latter has great eye clearance but is a weird fit behind his ears and I don't feel that it's super comfortable him. The PE doesn't give enough clearance and the Equilbrium sits low on his nose. My fave mask for the Appy is a Kensington Uviator and they do make a pony size but not sure if there would be enough clearance for eyes and eyelashes in pony's case.

I saw Maxima make pony ones but think they all have lycra ears which we don't need and prefer not to have.

Thoughts on a postcard. Thanks!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Equivisor. Painfully expensive but has saved a lot of vet bills and heartache for my mare. You will need the black mesh visor over the top in summer.

Getbackboys

Visit site
shires like the on above welshies have chubby cheeks so unless a teeny welshy get a full and do some stitching on the sides where the velcro is to fit, but does give plenty space for the eyes. i got fed up bying pony sized fly masks and the welshy couldnt open his eye lids. the lycra are lovely but come off too easily