Best/most popular body protector for xc

MegaBeast

Visit site
I've got the RaceSafe 2000, very comfy and flexible, I forget I have it on and you can get it made in your xc colours with optional shoulder protectors and have it custom fitted. I bought mine at Gatcombe from the suppliers and am very glad I did as in spite of being 5'9 tall I needed to have the adult small made with an inch taken off the back (my height is in my legs) or it would have caught on the back of the saddle!

HelenPassfield

Visit site
I have a rodney powell one which I have had for a while and I love it, much later when they came out I got a point2 which I now wear as well.

They are expensive but if I was going to start again I think I would go for the point2 hybrid so as to only need to wear one thing, saying that I really don't notice the difference of the point2 on top, and having fallen on it a couple of times they are so worth it.

D

Deleted member 104317

Another vote for the Racesafe ones! Fits really well (though I'm a midget and built like a 10 year old...) and barely notice it's on! No Point 2, but I do have shoulder thingys :) Good luck with your eventing, look forward to lots of reports!

djlynwood

Visit site
I practically live in my Kanteq it so comfortable.

It feels quite heavy when you pick them up but they have panels that expand as you breathe so you forget you have it on.

Vickijay

Visit site
I have a kan. The other day I went cross country in it, got back, untacked, washed off, removed studs and re filled the stud holes before I even realised I still had it on!!

Fanatical

Visit site
I'm on my second Rodney Powell Body Protector. I now also wear a point 2 Air Jacket on top.

I feel like a sumo wrestler when I put it all on in the lorry but bizarrely as soon as I get on board, I don't notice any of it!

FireFly29

Visit site
I have a kanteq and really like it, I bought mine through the website and the fit is great. Good customer service too.
Lots of people really rate the racesafes too.

Quadro

Visit site
Love my racesafe, had to made up to measure with a combination of child an adult parts as im tallish but a size 6/8 on top so most that fit me length wise are too big. I can't find a bad thing to say about it!
Q

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
Thank you everyone, very helpful :) Id quite like to get a race safe made in my colours but as usual, ive left things to the last minute and my first event is on 6th July so dont have time to have it made :-( All my nearest tack shops only have them in black and id like a navy one (colours are navy and burgundy) So may have to go for a Rodney Powell for now as they come in navy.

TarrSteps

Visit site
I have found fit to be quite personal with off the rack bp's. The Outlyne fit me best, so that's the one I got. :) I liked the Racesafe as it was similar to my old bp but the stock models just did not fit me as well as the Aireowear

BeckyD

Visit site
Kanteq! <hello!> I wanted a Racesafe and tried that on and with a bit of persuasion, the Kanteq - really just to prove to mum that the Kanteq wasn't worth the extra money. Unfortunately for my wallet, it was no contest and I bought the Kanteq. I have fallen off in it countless times and have never yet had any after-effects from a fall. Always fine the next day. I added a Hit-Air vest over it last year and that helps even more to cushion my regular :eek: falls.

Good luck!!

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
Hello stranger! Have you changed your mobile number? I text you the other week, but no reply :-( Anywho, if I could afford a Kanteq id get one of those! Im a bit limited now coz ive left it so late! I tried to convince myself for too long that the bp ive had since I was 17 still fitted!!! xx

BeckyD

Visit site
Hello stranger! Have you changed your mobile number? I text you the other week, but no reply :-( Anywho, if I could afford a Kanteq id get one of those! Im a bit limited now coz ive left it so late! I tried to convince myself for too long that the bp ive had since I was 17 still fitted!!! xx

Hello! No, I've just been useless about replying :eek: Sorry! It's still in my inbox. A hack would be lovely - but I've got to get Bill to cross that road and that's a bit of a tricky issue still ;)

Hmmm think that probably wouldn't fit any more ;)

Kan is worth the expense if you're going to get a lot of use out of it - I always jump in mine and always hack in it as well. Otherwise, there's plenty of cheaper ones that are excellent!

Jasmine86

Visit site
On advice from horse and hound forum I bought a race safe and I'm so pleased with it. Comfy and I can move in it - I hate body protectors but wear it and can move in it

georgiegirl

Visit site
I really like my airowrar outlyne fits well in all the right places especially in the boob department! It warms up with your body heat to become really flexible.

I do wish more had been done to develop and popularise the Exo cage though...

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've got the RaceSafe 2000, very comfy and flexible, I forget I have it on and you can get it made in your xc colours with optional shoulder protectors and have it custom fitted. I bought mine at Gatcombe from the suppliers and am very glad I did as in spite of being 5'9 tall I needed to have the adult small made with an inch taken off the back (my height is in my legs) or it would have caught on the back of the saddle!

Ditto this. Love my RS. So comfy. I also wouldn't have expected to be an adult small but I was! So make sure you try one on, dont just buy off the internet (or try on, then go buy one online...).

Darremi

Visit site
I have an Airowear Outlyne. The Racesafe does look comfy and easier to wear, but I have always thought that they were not really rigid enough to protect the ribcage. For all the Airowear is a little cumbersome, it has several rigid layers of latex foam which form a nice cage around the body. Having said all that 6 weeks I got catapulted off my horse and came down on my left shoulder...broke my collar bone!! I am definitely considering getting an air jacket, does anybody have good experiences of falls where the airjacket has really helped? I am a little concerned about the inability to roll.