Best place to advertise for loan

Tamski

Visit site
I am looking for a competitive loan home for my horse so where's the best place to advertise to try to minimise all of the muppets who seem to respond to every other ad I've ever placed. Or is this a necessary evil of advertisising???

He's definitely not a novice ride and has had his problems and a few quirks so I need to find an experienced home who won't be bothered by his farting about.

Ideally I want someone who will event him and do loads and loads of stuff because he'll love it but at the same time I want him to have a lot of one to one contact and not be one of a string.

I'm based in East Sussex and want him to stay in the south east so any ideas where to advertise? Have used Friday Ad in the past but always end up with loads of novices and kids.

Ideas please?

millitiger

Visit site
i had the same thing with my eventer- he is a real schoolmaster but does need to be ridden correctly and can be sharp in the winter.
he really thrives on a busy lifestyle and lots of work so i was unsure about putting him on loan.

he is now at Bill Levett's yard (and has been for 2 years) and it teaching the working pupils how to ride around PN. he is looked after like a king, all of his quirks are worked around and he is extremely happy competing every weekend.

maybe try to find somewhere like this? i would not have been happy putting Pilfer out on loan to a private home at a DIY yard or similar as he has very odd little ways which need accomodating!

sassyequine

Visit site
I have just found a fabulous event horse whilst mine is off injured. I highly recommend horse quest and horse mart. I had most replies there. And I imagine that like me as the "loaner" you will have to root through the ones that arent appropriate. There are some fantastic loan homes out there.