Best place to buy Danilon?

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm not sure how to use the search facility so please can someone take pity on me and tell me the best, as in cheapest, place from which to get Danilon? I've not asked the vet if they will give me a prescription yet mind you. I use a different vet for my small animals and they charge so much for a prescription that it works out no cheaper to buy drugs from anyone else but I'm hoping my equine vets might be different.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
My vet is comparable to online pricing!

Thanks meesha :) I did wonder if that might be the case. I'll do some research and see if mine is the same.

Edited to add that I've not received vet bill yet so that's why I don't know how much Danilon will cost from surgery.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My vet charges £125 for Danilon. ****** charge £65 approx.
I recently found out my vet will price match which is handy! Wish I'd know it years ago
I always bought from ****** and found them cheapest and very reliable

Nb- I'm hoping the name prints as for some reason HHO seems to think it's a swear word 😂

mandyroberts

Visit site
If you need it ongoing, ask your vet for discount. ie I was going to ask you for a prescription as I can buy it for £££ at XYZ, but wondered if you could help me with the price? I would prefer to buy it from you (lots of smiles).

I was very straight forward with my vet as my old bot is on daily Danilon, asked for a prescription as it would save money and he offered discount as he was concerned that I would get the genuine article. This was a few years ago and I still buy from vet with discount but ****** are great and if it was cheaper I would definitely buy from them with confidence. My Danilon has just gone up.....

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks everyone :) Invoice should arrive soon so once I know the cost and can compare it to V i o v e t etc I'll see if vets can do similar price. I'm not bothered if they are a bit more expensive but pony will be on this for life now so I need to buy it at the best price I can.

meesha

Visit site
I have equipalizone rather than danilon, it's about £75 I think from vet but that's for 100 sachets as compared to 60 in box danilon. It's not dressed (coated) like danilon but mine don't notice it in feed and apparently latest research says the coating which was designed to protect horses stomach actually makes no difference.

Tegan

Visit site
The best price I could find recently was Petsdrugs online. £56.98 for 60 sachets with free postage.

Casey76

Visit site
I have equipalizone rather than danilon, it's about £75 I think from vet but that's for 100 sachets as compared to 60 in box danilon. It's not dressed (coated) like danilon but mine don't notice it in feed and apparently latest research says the coating which was designed to protect horses stomach actually makes no difference.

Equipalizone (phenylbutazone) is Bute.

Danilon (suxibuzone) is a pro drug of bute. It is metabolized by the liver into bute. The microencapsulation is mainly sugar which makes it more palatable to eat.