Best place to sell a saddle?

AmeliaA

Visit site
I’ve got a saddle I really need to sell by the end of the week. Bates GP - where’s the best place to advertise for the most reach? I have it up on a handful of groups on Facebook but nowhere beyond that

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve had surprising luck just with my local saddlery. I expected a really rubbish offer but they were pretty reasonable and once I’d taken into account no PayPal fees or the hassle of posting they came out on top.

AmeliaA

Visit site
I’ve had surprising luck just with my local saddlery. I expected a really rubbish offer but they were pretty reasonable and once I’d taken into account no PayPal fees or the hassle of posting they came out on top.
I bought it from a local shop but she doesn’t want it back as she’s stopped fitting for the time being. I might try the other shop in the area but don’t want stupid money for it. I’m already putting it up for £250 less than I paid for it :’)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I bought it from a local shop but she doesn’t want it back as she’s stopped fitting for the time being. I might try the other shop in the area but don’t want stupid money for it. I’m already putting it up for £250 less than I paid for it :’)
Totally get that. I want to sell one that I only bought new last year. It’s depressing!
For older ones I definitely got a decent price from the saddlery though.

AmeliaA

Visit site
Totally get that. I want to sell one that I only bought new last year. It’s depressing!
For older ones I definitely got a decent price from the saddlery though.
Seem to be having a bit more luck after putting nicer pics up on Facebook. The worst part is I only bought the saddle in October and used until December 🥲

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site

^^^ Yep I'd tend to agree. My local second-hand tack shop sells saddles for clients on the basis of 20% commission for her and from memory I think it was an additional 20% to list it (i.e. take pictures, put on her FB page etc).

If you go onto e-bay to sell you'll still be charged a fair whack for commission, plus unless you stipulate "local collection only" will have all the hassle of having to pack the dang thing up to post it. Then the risk of it either getting damaged in transit OR disappearing altogether (it happens, sadly), in which case then e-bay will sting you for the total cost of it to the seller. Unfair, but it has happened.

My choice would be local tack-shop.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Piggybacking on this, where are people selling WOWs? I now have 2 dressage, one jumping and some spares to get rid of.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I'm another one piggybacking on this. I've got a Bates Wide fit GP to sell but not having any luck.

(sorry, all that extra blurb is new, I make absolutely nothing from moderating the group!)

outdoor girl

Visit site
Thanks for the information madam moderator! I've never heard of them, but I'll certainly look at them. I bought it for my chunky cob, who was diagnosed with EMS and has lost so much weight that it doesn't fit her any more. It's hardly been used. There's not even a mark on the girth straps.