Best place to sell my show saddle?

blueeyed20girl

Visit site
As per title really saddler came out last week to do checks and our Jeffries show saddle not longer fits our horse, so just a few site tips to place it on would be good as don't really want to go down the eBay route yet! So any info would be greatly valued :))

Also If anyone has any hints or tips on a show / working hunter make of saddle that would fit a 17.2hh typical high withered thoroughbred horse fire away as currently having to have a second hand Albion fitted to him for everyday use but it's not straight cut enough to show in and cannot afford to have a made to measure one made, has to have a high cut back head to accommodate his withers.

Many thanks xx

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Horsegossip is a good site for showing, worth a try.

I fit a range of WH saddles (Native Pony and Phoenix) and can fit higher withered horses. I imagine you might need to have a different tree fitted in many cases with some brands as they tend to be low pommelled.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Not that I know of, as I say show saddles tend to be flat. Most bench made saddle companies (the well respected Walsall names) would be able to make you a show saddle flap on a high pommelled tree, you just want to avoid a deep dressage seat if a judge will be riding, so you need someone who understands show saddles.

With our models you might only need an extra gusset on the panel to give more wither clearance or you may need a different tree which we can do, as per the advice above. I cover Lincs if that's any help :).

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I've got an Ideal working hunter that I use on my Tb, quite high withers but not mega. I do everything in it from Showing to hunting.