Best places to look for a lorry (second hand)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
There are loads on horsemart (having just bought one!) Just a question of the right on turning up maybe?
smile.gif

What reg etc?

This the kind of thing? Seems a good price for age, but obviously no pics of horse area or living. or is it too far away?

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/3_horse_living_west_sussex/25609

conniegirl

Visit site
Horsemart.
I sold my first lorry on there and bought my second one from there!

My second box is lovely and with a few modifications to lighten things would probably be what you are looking for ( i have 2 14hh ponies so weight not that much of an issue for me, It has solid steel skirts, was told for £800 they could be replaced with plastic and I'd probably gain about 300kg!!). And i paid 8.5K for it so its very possible to get what you want.

nessie1288

Visit site
I think you just have to be patient when you know what you want. We found what we wanted on horsequest but were looking for a couple of months

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not too fussed about the reg aslong as it is reasonably smart, tidy and of course safe.

Not bothered where it is but obv if its somewhere like scotland or wales I'd want it to be pretty deascent.

thanks for your help guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but little point spending 8K on a well painted shiny looking wagon on an old chassis that will fall apart in a years time. Better to go for a newer wagon (we've just bought a P reg - new for us!!) that if need be you can make aesthetic modifications to if you want, but won't be looking at a massive bill to fix huge amounts of rust etc.

Do not be fooled by paintjobs, toilets and tvs - its the engine, floor and soundness of the box that is important!
smile.gif

punk

Visit site
Definitely Horsequest (bought mine there after a couple of months of looking for a particular type)
Horsemart has the most on offer.

If you were prepared to look in Scotland - try:
www.snequestrian.com or
www.sport-horses.org

Not sure what is on offer at the moment, but might be cheaper due to lack of market up here!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
I was checking Horsemart, horsequest, eBay and H&H daily

Took me 18 months, and I gave up and bought a truck and in the process of getting it built, as everything I saw had 'issues'.